Douglas County Oregon - 2015 radio system study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Almost all radio studies i have read that are counties that use Vhf or Uhf analog repeater systems, they always recommend a trunking system. That's because trunking system as we all know can add more Talkgroups, on the system to support user needs.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Law 1 has had some multipath distortion in the Reedsport area the last few years. I think its because of the close proximity of the Gardiner Hill site to the Winchester Hill site. The other countywide channels don't have multipath issues because they are only broadcast off of Gardiner Hill and don't use the Winchester Hill site. I think they started broadcasting Law 1 in Winchester Bay for extra coverage on the dunes.

LoneRock

Premium Subscriber
Law 1 has had some multipath distortion in the Reedsport area the last few years. I think its because of the close proximity of the Gardiner Hill site to the Winchester Hill site. The other countywide channels don't have multipath issues because they are only broadcast off of Gardiner Hill and don't use the Winchester Hill site. I think they started broadcasting Law 1 in Winchester Bay for extra coverage on the dunes.

Winchester hill is only a partial site and most likely never got the simulcast timing delays setup properly. It will also interfere with the Roman Nose site in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.