Dover AFB Air Show (May 21, 22, 2022) frequency and system listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I’m from Ct. and plan to attend the Thunder over Dover Air Show this year. According to the air show website BOTH the Thunderbirds AND the Blue Angels will be there, a rare occurrence these days! Hoping someone has a scanner program setup for the show they wouldn’t mind sharing? I’ve grabbed everything (hopefully I haven’t missed anything) from RR I could find, aero, county and local and would like to confirm with those-in-the-know, you guys, as to it’s completeness.

Thanx in advance, Bill

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you get the latest freq listings from the Spectrum Monitor mag? They have an issue devoted to airshows every year and it only costs USD3 for a single issue

Mike

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I’m friends with and live the next town over from Brian Topolski, a recurring contributor to the mag. He’s one of the “Red Wagon” guys. I know of two, who routinely attend the air shows with a child’s wagon, red in color, loaded with scanners, PA speakers and cameras. He has a press pass from Spectrum and sets up on the fence line at the shows, where other scanner enthusiasts congregate, exchanging frequencies and the such. I’ve already fired off an email to him asking for any input on Dover as it’s the first time I will be attending-usually go to NAS Oceana in September instead. But this year I could be attending both… due to both the Blues and Tbirds schedule to fly at Dover!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
In any event, still hoping for some local input, experiences while monitoring Dover AFB and surrounding agencies… for example, the state police and Dover AFB security/FD are both encrypted. But during an event such as the air show, there should be some interagency patches up and running, some of which may be in the clear for those agencies that participate but don’t have encryption capabilities?

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
I would look at having the Kent County Mutual Aid Talkgroups from the State of Delaware System as those tend to be busy for big events. DelDot might also be utilizing 4848 (Kent County Traffic). That's just based on what I recall being in use for the State Fair and Firefly.

pspc389

Premium Subscriber
I’m from Ct. and plan to attend the Thunder over Dover Air Show this year. According to the air show website BOTH the Thunderbirds AND the Blue Angels will be there, a rare occurrence these days! Hoping someone has a scanner program setup for the show they wouldn’t mind sharing? I’ve grabbed everything (hopefully I haven’t missed anything) from RR I could find, aero, county and local and would like to confirm with those-in-the-know, you guys, as to it’s completeness.

Thanx in advance, Bill
For the Friday practice tbirds were on 149.65 diamond and 235.25 solos

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for confirming the freqs. I’ve been in town since Thursday noon and have had a chance to monitor the Tbirds and the Blues when they flew on Thursday and Friday. They both are using previously published frequencies for their Diamond and Solo flights. Again, thank you for your reply.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Yea, it’s a real zoo! If you want to catch another active frequency, look for the Dover AFB system (Fire/EMS are in the open) and the conventional mutual aid channels… the heat related injuries are keeping them busy, and they still have another day!

pspc389

Premium Subscriber
For the Friday practice tbirds were on 149.65 diamond and 235.25 solos

Didn't get to post earlier sorry, heard the blue angels on these.

Listening from downtown Dover
237.80000BA8 SolosSolos Out of Box *AMMilitary
275.35000BA9 DiamondDiamond Out of Box *AMMilitary
284.25000BA16 BoxShow box *AMMilitary

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Again, all published and freely available but thanks for confirming. I to can add to pspc389’s list by confirming these frequencies worked for me in Dover this weekend. I had set up 3 scanners, one for the Tbirds and Blues, another for local aviation at Dover AFB and local law, Fire, EMS, and the third set for Close Call. I didn’t hear anything that wasn’t already listed on RR other than when they assigned one of their arrival frequencies as the Show Boss frequency (135.15 MHz).

Status
Not open for further replies.