down loading of frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCEM-ESU

Hi folks,
I need your help, I am trying to program my uniden 245XLT. The problem is I can't seem to find the tutorial for that process. Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to download the Columbus Ohio fire frequencies? Thank you in advance.

Chief 331.

captclint

Mentor
Hi folks,
I need your help, I am trying to program my uniden 245XLT. The problem is I can't seem to find the tutorial for that process. Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to download the Columbus Ohio fire frequencies?
What software do you have?

SCEM-ESU

down load

Capt.

I have used Motorola type ll before, if that is what you are referring to or I am running windows XP. Thanks

Tom

captclint

Mentor
Since you spoke of downloading frequencies, I thought you meant that you were aware that some software can automatically download frequencies from this site. However, I don't think there aren't any for the 245. The only one that I found from this list was Scan Control (there may be others). It does not automatically download, but if you read this Scan Control Full version Review at Strong Signals, it talks about setting up columns of data, much like the format found here Franklin (County) [Columbus]

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi folks,
I need your help, I am trying to program my uniden 245XLT. The problem is I can't seem to find the tutorial for that process. Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to download the Columbus Ohio fire frequencies? Thank you in advance.

Chief 331.

hi SCEM-ESU , welcome to RadioReference. :)

Turn on the scanner , hold the TRUNK button until it beeps.
Select a bank that you want to program in.
Use the up or down arrows and find E2-800. Press E
Use the key pad and enter all 28 freq. in this link.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=659
After all this is done , push MAN.
Return to the link and look for fire talk groups. You can enter them in groups of ten for each scan list. And as I can see it is a good thing the 245XLT allows for 10 lists by 10 groups, for one hundred talkgroups total for every bank in your scanner. You are going to need them.! :eek:
After all this work is done then hit the SCAN button and only fire groups should be monitored. If for any reason you want to hear other talkgroups, hit SEARCH to allow the whole gamut.

Good Luck. :)

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Scan Control - from version 6.1 - uses a copy/paste utility called the Data Grabber to post data into the clipboard, and from there into the editor. It's a little clumsy to work with, but it does work.

There's also a tutorial on programming the 245 for trunking in our wiki (anything in blue and/or underlined is a link)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/The_BC245_Trunking_FAQ

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.