Downed Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the freq(s) they're using while they search for the downed plane believed to be in Hardy County?

First, I am not there and not monitoring the search/rescue/recovery.

Only as a guess I would start with the local EMS/FD/PD freqs, mutual aid freqs (155MHz range and MED channels), Civil Air Patrol freqs and whomever else is there searching.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber

Only as a guess I would start with the local EMS/FD/PD freqs, mutual aid freqs (155MHz range and MED channels), Civil Air Patrol freqs and whomever else is there searching.

Correct. I am in southern Rockingham (VA), but can hear the Sheriff's Office on 155.700 w/ related search traffic. Also heard activity on Va STARS Culpeper 2 from a helo. The VSP Helo referred to CAP being on the ground in Hardy.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I am currently hearing Harrisonburg/ Rockingham ECC staff communicating on 8Tac91 (851.5125). They are talking about taking communication trailer and equipment across the mountain and meeting at a fire station. I am only guessing, but I believe they are probably involved in search.

ffemt25

Command is on 155.100 (chief 46) has the search command. Mineral Co 911, Hampshire Co 911 and Grant Co 911 sent a page out asking for all available man power with four wheelers to report to station 46 at 06:45 hours tomorrows date to help with the search. I know that Trooper 5 ( MSP ) and a VSP helo are searching and T5 was on the 155.100 channel yesterday. unsure of the VSP unit. they were talking to Command about a different search grid. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.