Download a file sent to me for Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom25

Well Im going to have to have someone come over & help me. I cant seem to get the file attached. which maybe means I have it saved wrong..which may be why it wont download?? Just ideas, because it keeps saying invalid file. Even if I can get somebody who knows more about computers they can help me post the file. Thank You for your help today! I will post it as soon as I can.
Thanks!!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Well Im going to have to have someone come over & help me. I cant seem to get the file attached. which maybe means I have it saved wrong..which may be why it wont download?? Just ideas, because it keeps saying invalid file. Even if I can get somebody who knows more about computers they can help me post the file. Thank You for your help today! I will post it as soon as I can.
Thanks!!
Try this. Right click on the file then type in .txt after .p500

Your file to attach will be xxxx.p500.txt where x represents the name of file sent to you. Steve and I can then download the file, remove .txt then open in Win500. We are going to get you fixed up with this issue kiddo.

You can also tell us what Trunk systems and what Conventional info you need, E.G. City/county/state. Either of us can make a Win500 to attach for you to use.

Mom25

file from Win500

Ok, hopefully the file is attached for you to take a look at! Thank You Thank You!! I really do appreciate it!

Linda

Attachments

• linda scanner.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 51

blangell

I had a file sent to me in the Winn500 program. I got the file open in the program but when I try to down load it, it only gives me the options of the scanners from the sender. Is there a way to change that so that I can download the file?

Mom25 I think you have your uploads and downloads mixed up. Someone sent you a file, you want to UPLOAD (second choice in scanner drop down menu) it to your scanner. Those scanners you mentioned in an earlier post are part of the Win500 program. I opened and uploaded your linda scanner file and it worked fine

Mom25

I pushed upload to scanner. I changed a few things and now my scanner says that it's waiting for file but computer says can't find scanner? I can upload my other stuff though? Maybe I'm opening wrong in the program? I'm running out of things that I think could be the reason...:) um, maybe it's just the user.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Linda,
Scanlist 05 indicates MCSO talkgroups both analog and digital and nothing encrypted. Scanlist 05 is MCSO on General Setting tab However. This system uses Thompson Peak (Scottsdale site 01) This list should run perfectly if # 5 is pressed enabling or did enabling MCSO. MCSO will show ON/OFF during pressing # 5.

Thompson Peak is also listed on SL # 7 with Wildcard, However, these three freqs are listed
867.075000 and none of these apply to any site of this system. Thus SL # 7 will never work.
I'll be looking for other errors and report any findings later, but it appears some list will work ok.

Mom25

Would those errors cause it not to download though or they just won't work once I figure out how to get it uploaded to the scanner?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I pushed upload to scanner. I changed a few things and now my scanner says that it's waiting for file but computer says can't find scanner? I can upload my other stuff though? Maybe I'm opening wrong in the program? I'm running out of things that I think could be the reason...:) um, maybe it's just the user.
Insure in Device Manager you have at least one USB Serial Port (com#). Note, I have 3 of them plus a Proflic for a Uniden made for RS scanner

Attachments

• Device Manager.png
    Device Manager.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 221

Highpockets

To be honest with you, I looked at that file and gave up on it, I thought it was a mess, I fooled with this file and if you want to look at it, it's attached.

Last edited:

Mom25

Yes I do have the ports in the device manager. Would the mess younare finding cause it not to download? I really just want Phx Pd but when I upload what I think I need from RR I end up having fd mixed in & don't have all the frequencies. I got this from the guy that used to stream it on RR before he moved. Is there an easier way to go about this?

Mom25

No I'm not using the pigtail & no it doesn't make a ding. It acts like it's going to download as the scanner says the same thing it does when I can download but then the computer says scanner not responding.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
& no it doesn't make a ding. It acts like it's going to download as the scanner says the same thing it does when I can download but then the computer says scanner not responding.
Hmm, open Device Manager, expand Ports (Com & LPT), remove your cable from USB Port and note if the USB Serial Port (Comx) disappears. If it does then that part of your computer is working ok. Also, is that Comx the number listed in Win500 under Configuration Menu when selecting Programming cables?

Mom25

Oh my...I have been trying to still figure this out all day! Im officially crazy from it. I have downloaded the new file you sent me Steve (Thank You!!) and I can open it in Win500 but when I push upload the scanner still says polling sender & the computer still says computer not responding. I have checked the usb/COM & they are working. I have run out of options to check?? I havent been able to find anybody in my area to help with scanner stuff yet, but that may be my only option left. I'll just have to keep looking! I really really appreciate the help though!! I'm just not sure what I have set up wrong? Thank You Guys!!

Mom25

Finally!!

After all the help you guys offered and all this time trying to figure this out, I found someone at a Radio Shack 40 min from me that knew about scanners.I loaded up my laptop, cords, & scanner and took it in. We tried everything with no progress. Finally, thenguy said let's just try a new cable just in case. And....yea!! It worked. I never would have figured that out as the cable would upload in the ARC500 program. So I'm not sure where the glitch is but with the new cable (the one that came with the scanner program) I'm in luck!! Thank you all for your help and advice!!
Linda
Mom25

Highpockets

After all the help you guys offered and all this time trying to figure this out, I found someone at a Radio Shack 40 min from me that knew about scanners.I loaded up my laptop, cords, & scanner and took it in. We tried everything with no progress. Finally, thenguy said let's just try a new cable just in case. And....yea!! It worked. I never would have figured that out as the cable would upload in the ARC500 program. So I'm not sure where the glitch is but with the new cable (the one that came with the scanner program) I'm in luck!! Thank you all for your help and advice!!
Linda
Mom25

Great! I can see the smile on your face. :D Did you ever get to try the file I made for you?

Mom25

Yes I did! It's great! I'm loving the program now that it works! The file you made has also been perfect as it separates everything for me. I was really beginning to think I was crazy when I was doing everything everybody said to try & get it to upload. Have you ever heard of the cable working with one program but being faulty with another? Well I'm excited now to mess with the program and scanner to see what i can do! Thank you again for all your help and patience!!

Highpockets

Yes I did! It's great! I'm loving the program now that it works! The file you made has also been perfect as it separates everything for me. I was really beginning to think I was crazy when I was doing everything everybody said to try & get it to upload. Have you ever heard of the cable working with one program but being faulty with another? Well I'm excited now to mess with the program and scanner to see what i can do! Thank you again for all your help and patience!!

I've never heard that before, I always thought it was either good or bad. Have fun now and enjoy the scanner. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.