Download a specific freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4DOB

Is there a way to download a specific, single frequency from the database which doesn't show up on the bulk database for my county.? I have been monitoring this frequency for a few years but now suspect that their info.has been changed and updated. In other words, can I enter a sigle frequency when I am on the download page of the database. Thanks!

KD4DOB

Uhh...What scanner? What software? What particular frequency? Is it known to the RR database?
It's not my equipment, I have been downloading from RR for years. But...FYI...
Uniden BCD325P2, ARC XT PRO, RR Database and RR program for downloading.
The frequency is listed in "licenses issued" (and I have been monitoring it for years) but it is not in the RR program pull-down choices of available downloads. I could, of course enter it by hand but, I wanted to get a recent update on that frequency (as of 7/20/2020. ) from RR. What I need is an option in the RR "Downloads" to search a specific frequency for downloading since it doesn't show up on the choices of "Businesses" or other parameters.
(Or another work-around.)
tnx
bty... D0 businesses have the option of not being on the downloadable list?

Scroll down a little and you can enter it. I suggest using the fcc search so you can see who is using that frequency

KD4DOB

Thanks!
Oh, I know who is using it. See my reply above for more detail.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The RRDB is populated with confirmed usage submitted by members like you. If a particular frequency is not found in the RRDB for the state/county/local area you expect it to be, then it was never added to the database.

It sounds like you're looking at the FCC licenses, not database listings. The FCC licenses are imported into RR, but are not considered part of the actual database.

It really has nothing to do with business vs public safety. If the frequency was never submitted to the database, it was never added, and hence is not downloadable. Your best bet is to program the frequency manually, determine what PL/DPL/NAC is being used, then submit it to the appropriate county to be added.

Out of curiosity, what frequency is it and in what state/county? Perhaps it is in the RRDB but you're not finding it for whatever reason.

KD4DOB

Thanks so much for your help! I would like to submit it. I think this frequency added a DPL recently and that is part of the problem. I have been trying to figure out how to find the code. I purchased a code finder but realized it only works within 26 feet! Since this freq. was updated recently, Iv'e been going nuts loosing my favorite frequency - which why I originally purchased two expensive scanners! This is a simple business that has no reason to hide its transmissions. It has no reason to be a hidden identity.
You mentioned sending the info to my local county. If I could get the codes (or not), what is the proceedure for submitting it to the appropriate county? Again, thanks for your help!

Reconrider

Thanks so much for your help! I would like to submit it. I think this frequency added a DPL recently and that is part of the problem. I have been trying to figure out how to find the code. I purchased a code finder but realized it only works within 26 feet! Since this freq. was updated recently, Iv'e been going nuts loosing my favorite frequency - which why I originally purchased two expensive scanners! This is a simple business that has no reason to hide its transmissions. It has no reason to be a hidden identity.
You mentioned sending the info to my local county. If I could get the codes (or not), what is the proceedure for submitting it to the appropriate county? Again, thanks for your help!
Are sure they’re using the radios still? If you can go close to the building, setup close call and you should only hear what’s nearby to you. I don’t know if the range but let’s say 100 ft(correct me if I’m wrong someone).

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Well, I actually asked you what frequency you are looking for and in what state/county.

I'm going to make the assumption that you're in Pinellas County based on your callsign, and so have you checked over this page to make sure the frequency/business you're looking for isn't already there?

If it's not listed, and you confirm the usage with the correct tone, click on the Submit tab on that page to send the info in (the gray Submit tab next to FCC Licenses, not the big blue Submit Info button towards the top of the page)

KD4DOB

The only missing element is finding the code.Which is what prompted this post in the beginning.

KD4DOB

Well, I actually asked you what frequency you are looking for and in what state/county.

I'm going to make the assumption that you're in Pinellas County based on your callsign, and so have you checked over this page to make sure the frequency/business you're looking for isn't already there?

If it's not listed, and you confirm the usage with the correct tone, click on the Submit tab on that page to send the info in (the gray Submit tab next to FCC Licenses, not the big blue Submit Info button towards the top of the page)
Thanks, it is not here. Finding the correct tone is the problem.

wtp

Search - The scanner searches and displays any CTCSS or DCS tone with the transmission.
set up a system with the frequency and after putting it in and set the ctcss to search.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
441.9500 Regency Oaks
Pinellas County
Florida
Thanks again
441.950 is in the 70cm amateur band. I believe you're looking for 461.950 under license WQPQ668. Note that the license shows DMR (MOTOTRBO) emission designators, so you may be dealing with a digital modulation, not analog. Your 325P2 will only be able to decode DMR if you purchase the key to unlock that capability ($60). Of course it's certainly possible that they're analog with a DPL, which is easy enough to figure out. Punch in 461.950 in quick search mode and see what you pick up nearby the location.

KA0VWC

Premium Subscriber
I have a somewhat similar issue. The system, St. Louis Union Station (DMR Tier3) is in the RRDB. But Sentinel software for my BCD536 and SDS200 does NOT find the system. Oddly, my Whistler TRX-2 software found it without any problems under "Trunked Systems". I have been messing with this for about a week now. Any ideas of what the issue is? I'm out of ideas. Thanks for any suggestions.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I have a somewhat similar issue. The system, St. Louis Union Station (DMR Tier3) is in the RRDB. But Sentinel software for my BCD536 and SDS200 does NOT find the system. Oddly, my Whistler TRX-2 software found it without any problems under "Trunked Systems". I have been messing with this for about a week now. Any ideas of what the issue is? I'm out of ideas. Thanks for any suggestions.

Probably due to the system not having any LCN's in the database. Whistler scanners don't need the LCN, Uniden does.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's been a while since I've dealt with this, but I believe that if a DMR Tier 3 system does not have the frequency LCN's mapped out, Sentinel will ignore it and consider it non-scannable.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said. No LCN = no Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.