Download CHP from RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenCampi

I recently purchased software to program my scanner and a subscription to RadioReference.com. i am able to download the info for agencies located in Alameda County, but can't figure out how to get CHP. Clicking on Statewide or Unknown in County provides no hits.

Is it possible to get State (CA) agencies?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased software to program my scanner and a subscription to RadioReference.com. i am able to download the info for agencies located in Alameda County, but can't figure out how to get CHP. Clicking on Statewide or Unknown in County provides no hits.

Is it possible to get State (CA) agencies?
Welcome to Radio Reference, Stephen.

You did not specify the programming software or scanner you are using. However, I just tried three different programs that I have loaded, and all of them import CHP.

Start by selecting Web (or Radio Reference) import, however your specific software refers to it. For software that has a choice between Trunked and Conventional (before you enter your log in information), choose Conventional.
Then after you log in, and choose US and California:

For Win500, leave the "county" field at "-select-" (in other words, do not select a county).
The System selection box will reflect "Agencies in California" over the drop-down menu.
CHP is listed as 'Department of the Highway Patrol (CHP)'

For PSREdit500, select "Statewide" under the county drop-down menu.
Then, select 'Department of the Highway Patrol (CHP)' from the agencies drop-down.

I don't have the ARC500 software, but looking at an ARC version for one of my Uniden scanners, I suspect it will be very similar to this:
Select State, and Country as with the other programs.
Leave the County at '>>>Select<<<'
Now, in the Agencies drop-down, you should be able to choose 'Department of the Highway Patrol (CHP)'.

See if that works for you.

Perkalerk

Premium Subscriber
CHP CSV dwnld to ARC 500?

I have the ARC 500 software & the PSR 500 scanner. None of these county options (statewide, unknown, or >>>select<<< ) seem to work for obtaining the CHP direct download. If I put any of those 3 options in for county, the program does not allow me to click/choose the "Conventional," "Agencies," or "Trunked" system buttons. I clicked the downloads tab on the RR website for CHP & it allows me to download the CSV file as excel or pdf, but trying to import that into ARC 500 gives me a CSV matrix that doesn't match up with the layout that ARC 500 uses . I'm new to scanners so I'm struggling here. I figure that the column listing the subtones in the CSV matrix is what I need for the ARC 500 squelch code column, but then I have to delete the PL, CQS, etc..listed next to the tone numbers in the CSV matrix before pasting them in the ARC 500 matrix. Then for all the ones that said PL I need to put CTCSS in the squelch mode column. (example: 179.9 PL is listed in the subtones column of the CSV download. So I delete the PL off of each such subtone listing in that column, then highlight, copy & paste it in the ARC 500's Squelch code column. I then put CTCS in the corresponding block in the ARC 500's Squelch Mode column.) So what do I do when the subtone column says "DAD NAC, DAE NAC...DB0 NAC, DB1 NAC....DBA NAC, DBB NAC, DBC NAC.....7D1 NAC, 7D2 NAC....?" They get P25 as a squelch mode I'd suppose since I know NAC means P25 Digital Network Access Code, but the squelch code column needs to be numbers not letters. Both the Squelch Mode & Code columns give a drop down window to select from, and the code column doesn't offer anything but numbers to choose from. I don't know what DAD, DAE, DBA, 7D1 even mean. Maybe DB1 means Data Base 1, I don't know. I have no idea what numbers would replace these codes either. In the PDF download there is also an input frequency column; do I need to plug this info into my ARC 500 matrix somewhere?

Perkalerk

Premium Subscriber
Belay my last

Never mind my last message; suddenly it works; I don't know what changed its mind, but after going through & typing in & filling in all those blocks it suddenly decided to cooperate & as the previous guy said, leaving the fields in the >>>select<<< form went through. its listed as Department of the Highway CHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.