TRX-2: Download entire database

Status
Not open for further replies.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
So I'm a current BCD536hp owner, bought a TRX-2 for the car.

How do I download the entire database to my library? Or if that's not the right wording... Right now I have to do one county at a time. Is there a way to select multiple counties at once? I go to Library Import / California / Counties / Cities, Next. Then I have to do county by county. Is there a better way?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
the entire USA data base can be on your scanners Micro sd card if you put the library on the card via ezscan.

Create vscanner (virtual scanner) folders for what you want and change the label for each to identify them easier.. then you just select that folder for the area your in.

mejnetguru

You download the database from RR via EZ-Scan/TRX software on your PC and then transfer the downloaded DB to the SD card also via EZ Scan either via the card directly or via USB. The database is updated weekly, usually on Saturdays so downloading it more often is not necessary. You get the entire DB when you update.

I think what you are referring to is adding objects to your scan lists "from" the library. In which case, yes, you have to select the objects via the menu system via state/county/etc. and repeat as many times as necessary to create your custom lists. You can select objects, back up, repeat, with a different object and import once after you have all the objects you want selected. In this case all objects will go into a single SL but you can then modify SL assignments after import. It's much easier to do this via EZ-Scan/TRX software on a PC than using the scanner but both methods work. If you use a PC, just make sure you re-upload the config after you make changes,

You can also use the ZIP code entry method which will populate SL 150+ by categories in bulk but you will get "everything" in a particular selected category associated with the ZIP code. You can modify these later as needed.

Takes patience and perseverance to get things just the way you want it but is very customizable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.