Download freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablice

FreeSCAN and bcTool (although the latter would crash on me) are two examples of free programs you can use. You first install the driver for the USB-1, then you open up your application (USAD will NOT handle RR data) and you connect to the RR database through the application and download the information to your scanner.

I had to re-tag every single alpha tag I encountered, you will see a lot of cryptic alpha tags like RCR COMND 1 (Huh?) because the database assumes you have a scanner with 8 digit alpha tags with only capital letters (though not always) and numerals. The Unidens have 15 character alpha tags with upper and lower case with symbols and numerals. I like to make my alpha tags descriptive: eg instead of something like "XMR EMS", to "EMS Mut. Aid 2". I also make my systems and groups more descriptive than what they give you -- for instance all my trunked systems show up like this: "Alemeda Cnty TK" while the conventional systems show up like "Northern Area C". (Obvious exceptions are like CHP, which I know is conventional.)

Status
Not open for further replies.