Download GRE500 step by step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QCPRO

Good Day everyone,
I am new at the scanner business and I just purchased a GRE 500 and I just download the Arc500 software but I need to know if there is a step by step how to I could download. I try scanmaster but I am not getting any sound out of the video.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'd suggest starting over with that question - I'm not sure it makes sense. Are you having trouble downloading ARC500? Or are you having trouble getting the scanner connected to your computer? What sound and what video are you referring to?

QCPRO

Yes
I am not having any problems downloading from radio reference to my computer.
I am having problems
because what I am downloading is 32 frequencies in conventional but I download the trunk frequencies digital frequencies it goes into talk group.\ What I would like is my scanner to scan only the frequencies I am downloading. I am not too sure if I am clear

dhar389188

Yes
I am not having any problems downloading from radio reference to my computer.
I am having problems
because what I am downloading is 32 frequencies in conventional but I download the trunk frequencies digital frequencies it goes into talk group.\ What I would like is my scanner to scan only the frequencies I am downloading. I am not too sure if I am clear

I too am new to scanning and got this GRE PSR 500 as a xmas gift. I purchased the ARC 500 software. I was able to program and download the conv channels into my scanner but cannot seem to get the trunked frequencies in. My RR icon button on the software task bar does not seem to be working. Any help on how you were able to get the trunked channels into your scanner would be greatly appreciated.

captclint

Mentor
cannot seem to get the trunked frequencies in. My RR icon button on the software task bar does not seem to be working.
Not sure what your RR icon has to do with anything. You need to run ARC500, Click on the Internet menu, log onto RR, select state and county, then click on the trunked frequencies button. It is right under those selections.

captclint

Mentor
Yes I am having problems because what I am downloading is 32 frequencies in conventional but I download the trunk frequencies digital frequencies it goes into talk group.\ What I would like is my scanner to scan only the frequencies I am downloading. I am not too sure if I am clear
Not real clear on your problem, so let's try to clarify. If you downloaded BOTH 32 conventional frequencies AND some trunked digital system to the SCANNER, all you need to do is assign a quick key to each of the systems and resend the data on all your systems to the scanner (check all systems available for upload in the send screen). You can find quick key option when you click on the system in the left plane. Just make sure making sure you check the "over write systems with same name" box in the send screen.

Once you have assigned a quick key to each system, you can turn off the system(s) you don't want to hear by hitting the assigned quick key(s) while scanning.

If you want to know how to only SEND your 32 conventional to the scanner, then just check the system with the 32 channels at the bottom of the send data screen.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
ARC500 has a decent 41 page pdf for help. Click Help>Open Software Manual.
Good Day everyone,
I am new at the scanner business and I just purchased a GRE 500 and I just download the Arc500 software but I need to know if there is a step by step how to I could download. I try scanmaster but I am not getting any sound out of the video.

I too am new to scanning and got this GRE PSR 500 as a xmas gift. I purchased the ARC 500 software. I was able to program and download the conv channels into my scanner but cannot seem to get the trunked frequencies in. My RR icon button on the software task bar does not seem to be working. Any help on how you were able to get the trunked channels into your scanner would be greatly appreciated.
RR icon button :confused: Do you mean Internet menu at top of opened ARC500?

If so, click on Internet>RadioReference Import. Enter your RR user name and password then click Connect button. Select State>Country>County then click on one of the type bars Blue (conv) Green (agency) Yellow (trunk)

If county conventional frequency tab is selected, the lower part will populate for selecting which frequencies to import. E.g., click the + next to the county name to open which agency frequencies to import. Then go to tabs above to select which scanlist to use. You may choose to use the Auto assign per agency in this tab.

If the import is for trunking systems, use the yellow trunking tab then use the Trunking Systems pull down for system to import. This will then populate the sites (tower numbers) for import on lower left and the talkgroup ID's (TGRP objects) to select on lower right. You should also check which scanlist to use, what TSYS frequencies to use (P25 and Motorola systems only require controls and alt controls) and how you desire
Alpha tags to set from RR page.

In both of the above, the + next to a box is for opening other data for selecting exactly what you want to import. IOW, you can opt out of public works, school buses etc.

IGNORE Import to Bank number (I've yet to figure why he has that in the software)

When you have data ready to import, click the green Import

dhar389188

Not sure what your RR icon has to do with anything. You need to run ARC500, Click on the Internet menu, log onto RR, select state and county, then click on the trunked frequencies button. It is right under those selections.

Thanks for the help Capt.

To be more specific, when I run ARC and click on the RR button, I get my username and password fields already filled in - temporarily a square red light appears then goes away. I am able to access the "Country" field and make changes but I am unable to type anything in the "state" or "county" fields and there is no supplied info there.

I have hit the connect button but nothing seems to happen - it tells me to wait while connecting, then it gives a note in the very bottom left corner of the window that reads - "INIT not ok, can't read users data"

I am assuming that the software is not communicating with RR. I do not know what to do or where/who I should call.

I downloaded the ARC to my PC and did not purchase the CD version. Is it possible the software did not intall correctly or am I missing something??/

Thanks for any help.

captclint

Mentor
Thanks for the help Capt.

To be more specific, when I run ARC and click on the RR button, I get my username and password fields already filled in - temporarily a square red light appears then goes away. I am able to access the "Country" field and make changes but I am unable to type anything in the "state" or "county" fields and there is no supplied info there.
First, be sure your user name and PW are correct(case is important). If you just downloaded ARC recently, then it should be able to connect a limited number of times before you have to pay for the software. If your ARC is not the most recent, download the latest and try again. This sounds like you have either exceeded your trial limits for download, or have older software. If none of these help, post your problem in the software forum where the Butel Rep can help you directly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.