Download problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

operator-tac7

I have a PRO-97, and Win97, and import the freqs. from R.R. directly through that program. (Nice feature!) But when I try to import the conventional freqs. for Santa Clara County into Win97, I get this message: "The data returned by RadioReference.com contained no sub-category information!" R.R. has all the freqs. for Santa Clara, San Jose, but I cannot get them to import. Am I doing something wrong? Also, when I imported the freqs. for Fresno, all the ones for "Sheriff" did not import. ???

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum

"The data returned by RadioReference.com contained no sub-category information!" This is because there is none on the Santa Clara county main database page. Click through the notices then use the pulldown and select Santa Clara, County of. This will give you 35 freqs for Sheriff, Fire/EMS, Jail and Mutual Aid.

Then after importing, re-click the agency pulldown and select San Jose and import the 30 freqs (I would us another bank).

After import 0f San Jose, go up to the county pulldown and find Fresno County. Unlike Santa Clara County, Fresno County does have listings on the county main database page, 47 freqs are available to import for the PD, Fire etc. Use another bank also. It appears you will need to figure what the usage for many of the freqs are and manually fill the blanks in on the Win97 freq listing for Fresno.

Wave to Don Starr for us. ;)

operator-tac7

I'm missing something here. On win97 I go to: File>Web Import>RadioReference.com>Conventional Frequencies. This takes me to a window where I sign on to access pulldowns for: Country>State/Province>County>Agency>Frequencies. All I see under "County" is Santa Clara. Not, Santa Clara, County of.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Win97 expects conventional data to be on the database page for Santa Clara County. However, there is none thus you need to click through the notice popups (two as I recall). Then click the agency pulldown which will give you another nag to click through.

Then click the agency pulldown a second time and select from the list. as in this picture.

Last edited:

operator-tac7

Got it!

Thanks. I would not of figured that one out. The error message needs to be clicked through to access the pulldown list of cities. This seems like a bug. It does not have this problem with other counties. And to think Mr. Starr lives in Santa Clara! Go figure.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
It's not a bug because most counties throughout the country do have frequencies on the county database page. Win97 gave you a couple of notices to the contrary for Santa Clara County. I.e., Fresno, but Santa Clara is void of any conventional freqs on it's page. However, there is a link on that page for what you finally got to *Santa Clara, County of*.

A way around the problem would be to put one frequency as a *category* on the first page. This would get rid of all three nags and make everyones life much better.

None the less your first post had (nice feature) referring to Web Import. I gotta say, guru's like Don working with these great people on this Web Site really make this a very, very nice feature.

Now and then, a problem comes up in the import effort, but Lou Maag reads these things and waste no time in fixing the error.

seamusg

operator-tac7 said:
Thanks. I would not of figured that one out. The error message needs to be clicked through to access the pulldown list of cities. This seems like a bug. It does not have this problem with other counties. And to think Mr. Starr lives in Santa Clara! Go figure.
It's not a bug but, The problem is that Santa Clara is different from everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.