Downloading data from forum database

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappajohn7

I've located the system i need. I select download > go to overview page and can't find a way to contunue.

Can some one give me the next step or refer me to directions to download a system.
Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Using what software? The web interface varies slightly, depending on the scanner being loaded and the presentation the software author chooses to use. For what scanner? 73 Mike

sjlamb

You're going about it wrong. The download is peformed BY THE FREESCAN PROGRAM.

Open FreeScan, click on "File", Select "Import", Select either Conventional or Trunked Radio Reference. On screen prompts should be self-explanatory from there.

Of course, this assumes that you have paid for a subscription to the RR database and have your Logon ID and Password which is required for FreeScan to communicate with the database.

Last edited:

jack4465

Premium Subscriber
I am using free scan. I have a 996xt scanner. I am a paid radio reference member. When I try to download a data base to the scanner from radio reference I get a message that I have connectivity problems when trying to login to radio reference thru free scan. I can go directly to radio reference to log in but cannot thru free scan.

sjlamb

I am using free scan. I have a 996xt scanner. I am a paid radio reference member. When I try to download a data base to the scanner from radio reference I get a message that I have connectivity problems when trying to login to radio reference thru free scan. I can go directly to radio reference to log in but cannot thru free scan.

And you're sure that you are entering the same exact LOGIN and PASSWORD into FreeScan that you use when you login on the RR Site? What is the exact error message that FreeScan is giving you? Are you able to control the scanner with FreeScan's "Virtual Control"?

Check that you are straight with these instructions too: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_RR_Trunk_Import

Last edited:

cpuerror

Hi Jack. Are you using the latest version? When it pops up, read to the bottom of the dialog box, there should be a more detailed explanation there of whats going on. If you are still not sure though, post a screen shot and that would help us understand.

by the way, I don't suppose you are using hughes.net?

K7CAR

Could someone please explain to me what a RR paid membership buys me? With FreeScan all you need to do is cut and paste the database into EZ Grab. Am I missing some thing here?

Another question. I bought a RS Pro-107 recently that had the preloaded RR data base. I updated to the current version. There is little to nothing for my county (Snohomish) and the adjacent King county. Other counties show little to nothing. No marine, no aviation, no VHF business, no Federal, no Military. Is the database neutered down with the 107 or is this the full database?

sjlamb

Another question. I bought a RS Pro-107 recently that had the preloaded RR data base. I updated to the current version. There is little to nothing for my county (Snohomish) and the adjacent King county. Other counties show little to nothing. No marine, no aviation, no VHF business, no Federal, no Military. Is the database neutered down with the 107 or is this the full database?

Not sure what you're looking at but there is a ton of stuff for both Counties in the RR Database. For Public Safety Comms, each County you reference primarily uses it's own Motorola Type II Smartnet Trunked Radio System:

Trunked System: King County
Seattle-King County Public Safety Trunking System, Seattle, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

Trunked System: Snohomish County
Snohomish County Emergency Radio (SERS) Trunking System, Everett, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

All Trunked Radio Systems in Snohomish County also listed in the database:

System Name Type City

Boeing Wide Area Motorola Type II SmartZone Various
Everett Naval Station Motorola Type II Smartnet Everett
Marysville Dept. of Public Works Motorola Type II Smartnet Marysville
Public Utility District 1 of Snohomish County Motorola Type II Snohomish County
Puget Sound Energy EDACS Narrowband Networked Various
Snohomish County Emergency Radio (SERS) Motorola Type II SmartZone Everett
Snohomish County Public Transit OpenSky Standard Everett
U.S. Dept. of Justice: Integrated Wireless Network (IWN) Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) Various
USS Abraham Lincoln Motorola Type II Smartnet Everett
Washington State Department of Transportation LTR Multinet Various

Status
Not open for further replies.