BCD325P2/BCD996P2: downloading database via RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzan77

Hi all, have a question. Can I DL the complete Ohio database all IDs freq etc then go back and edit what I really want to listen to. Also is it a must to upgrade firmware before uploading db to scanner. Can anyone recommended which software to use freescan or arcx. I,haved subscribers to RR for programming, just trying to prepare before my scanner gets here.
If anyone has any helpful info they can add it be appreciated
Thank you
Dan

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
RR Download

Yes, you can amend you database and Favorite Lists, with Uniden.
It is always good to have the most current Formware and master database
I like sentinel fir working on my program, favorites and getting RR info back and forth.
I use ARC for he Virtual dashbiRd on my co outer. But, zi prefer Proscan for just logging the calms and the screen.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Doug

phask

Premium Subscriber
996p2 does not have favorite lists.

If you mean MARCS-IP, you can't fit it all in one system - 500 TG,site, etc limit per system.

Same way you can't fit all the entire state in one system.

You should be able to break it up and get everything you want in multiple systems.

Yes, you can amend you database and Favorite Lists, with Uniden.
It is always good to have the most current Formware and master database
I like sentinel fir working on my program, favorites and getting RR info back and forth.
I use ARC for he Virtual dashbiRd on my co outer. But, zi prefer Proscan for just logging the calms and the screen.

Hope this helps and have fun.

Doug

marksmith

The system memory limits are the issue. Even the statewide systems can fit in an XT twdio, but you need to break it down into quote a few partials.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

scosgt

I prefer ProScan.
Did my 996P2 lickety split.
For large systems, just download the system groups 20 at a time, then do it over and over and give them all the same quick key and ID scan. Works fine.

danzan77

I basicly want toledo oh police, swat, osp in 3 different countys , fire ems. And i know those are 3 different systems but i dont need all the other agencies , busses,etc. And i like for it to scan like the old conventional scanners. Not sure if this scanner has lock out or not. Thanks for all your info

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That shouldn't be an issue. If you look in the manual, you'll see specifications on the memory (how many channels/sites/groups) you can program in your scanner. Those are per system. Based on what you have listed above, four systems at most is what you'll have.

The scanner will have lock-out capabilities either via programming or keypad. There are three lock-out conditions: Unlocked, Temporary Lockout and Permanent Lockout.

A Temporary Lockout condition is for a given scanning session. If the scanner stops on a channel that you don't want to monitor, press the Lockout button once. That locks out the channel until the scanner is powered off and on again.

Permanent Lockout requires two quick presses of the Lockout button while stopped on a channel. The channel remains locked out until you remove the lockout setting by way of programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.