downloading FreeSCAN into computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobm1940

Premium Subscriber
I am unable to download FreeSCAN jnto my PC. The Norton antivirus will not allow it to do so.Any way around it. Or will I have to uninstall it? Thanks for any help I can get.

bobm1940

Premium Subscriber
FreeSCAN

I uninstalled Norton still would not install program. It might be FreSCAN won't load into Windows 8. Have to get a CD I guess. Thanks for your help........

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded and installed Freescan onto a Windows 8 machine without a problem. How did you uninstall Norton? Using the add/remove programs (or whatever it's called in Windows 8) doesn't remove all of Norton, Norton's web site gives directions to completely remove Norton.

cpuerror

I know Norton causes a false detection with FreeSCAN. Besides temporarily disabling it, it's also important to give the installer administrative rights for the machine. If not, the install won't work. After the installation is done, FS runs as a regular user.

captclint

Mentor
Symantec has the Norton Removal Tool for wiping old installs. It might work for you.
I don't believe the portions NOT removed with uninstall will interfere with Freescan. What was meant by most was to temporarily disable(turnoff) Norton, not uninstall. You should reinstall Norton and follow cpuerror's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.