Downloading frequencies from Radioreference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diverjoe

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'm new to scanners and just came across this site and saw I could download frequencies for my region of the country. The new scanner came with several preloads for large cities, none of which is mine. I signed on with a new account to this site, and upgraded to Premium so that I could download straight to my scanner, but no where on the site do I see where to click on a download button. I see a download icon, but when I click on it, it just takes me to an overview of the download capabilities but no "Download" button like most software. Am I missing something? Thanks!

ksphotoguy

you will need the programming software for your scanner and it is thru the scanner software that the download is done. As long as your scanner sofware is capable, you should be good to go.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Hi, I'm new to scanners and just came across this site and saw I could download frequencies for my region of the country. The new scanner came with several preloads for large cities, none of which is mine. I signed on with a new account to this site, and upgraded to Premium so that I could download straight to my scanner, but no where on the site do I see where to click on a download button. I see a download icon, but when I click on it, it just takes me to an overview of the download capabilities but no "Download" button like most software. Am I missing something? Thanks!

First of all, welcome to RR.com. You should be able to get your questions answered here without any problem because there are a number of people ready, willing, and very able to give answers.

Next let me guess. With the number of scanners on the market it almost sounds as if you have a GRE PSR-500, PSR 600, Radio Shack Pro-106, or Pro-197, but I could be wrong. You failed to say which scanner your have.

The way you access the Database for Importing information to your scanner is through software. The type of scanner you have will determine the software you need to work for you. It is actually your software that makes the request for data and then imports it to your programming software. Then you upload it to your scanner.

So, there are a couple of new terms for your vocabulary;

1. Import: Having your software obtain data from the Database and bring it to your programming software.
  2. Upload: Sending that information imported to your scanner.
  3. Download: Having the programming software obtain data from your scanner and bring into the software.
Again, welcome to RR.com. Let us know what scanner you have for more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.