Downriver Mutual Aid Project 25 TRS Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

szron

Since you guys are local to me, (in the same state anyway) I figured I would ask the following.
Does anyone know if Michigan is going to move to Project 25 "PHASE II" any time soon?
I have an HP-1, and though it took me a long while to figure out how to set it up with a favorites list for just my area, I am really liking it. I am thinking about a second one so I don't have to keep taking it in and out of the house. I do not want to spend the money if PHASE II will soon kick in, and I would be forced to buy a new scanner anyway. ( I know the HP-2 will decode PHASE II)
Thoughts?
From what I heard the cost of doing that right now would be colossal so that's not happening anytime soon. Only the departments that joined in recently got APXes anyway, everybody else is still rockin' the XTS series radios and Spectras.

K8cpa-chuck

Did downriver mutual end up going encrypted?

I would hope not.

I have a BC-536HP coming monday! Which is supposed to pick it up!

OT: Hi John N8QGC!

K8cpa-chuck

Once I get the hang of my scanner. I might put a feed on downriver mutual for the folks here. I wanna get the hang of the beast first. :)

Josh

A lot of the Downriver system is encrypted, a lot of it is mixed.... adding another feed is unnecessary, unless its intent is to give reason for the rest of the users to join the others that are enrypted.

K8cpa-chuck

So I take it good downriver already has a feed? Download mutual I mean. Just trying to help don't wanna step on anybody's toes

kd8ati

Feed Provider
It is hard to tell sometimes who is or isn't encrypted on that system. It seems like it changes from time to time. No downriver currently does not have any kind of feed. Wayne County Michigan Live Audio Feeds .... A number of people such as Josh feel that the internet streams are a major reason that PD's go encrypted. Discussing that here would be beating a dead horse as that topic has its own forum. So long as your feed does not violate the feed provider terms of service (https://broadcastify.zendesk.com/entries/23258303-Becoming-A-Feed-Provider ) you will be okay.

K8cpa-chuck

If somebody wanted to donate a couple bucks here I would be willing to go by a splitter and a cable so that I could the output of my scanner to my laptop I just bought the scanner or speaker and a pigtail and I got like 26 bucks left in my bank account and I don't want to end up having to close it, so if somebody wanted to kick in a little bit of money at my website using the Donate tab I would be more than willing fill out an application and throw up a feed as soon as my scanner got here. My website basically is k8cpa.com.

And before anybody says it no I'm not begging I just made a suggestion anybody wants it bad enough will kick in a little and I'll put it up ASAP

SCPD

QRT
Half and Half

A lot of the Downriver system is encrypted, a lot of it is mixed.... adding another feed is unnecessary, unless its intent is to give reason for the rest of the users to join the others that are enrypted.

I'd say it's about 50/50 right now.
About half the comms are in the clear, and about half are not.
I don't listen as often as I used to, but when I do, seems like the bases are more often clear than not, and the mobiles are more often encrypted than not.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I'd say it's about 50/50 right now.
About half the comms are in the clear, and about half are not.
I don't listen as often as I used to, but when I do, seems like the bases are more often clear than not, and the mobiles are more often encrypted than not.

Yes, this is what I have also found. I don't listen much anymore, not enjoyable like it used to be.

K8cpa-chuck

Just thought I would post a follow up. I listen to Downriver Mutual here and NONE of it is Encrypted at all. It's on digital trucking P25; but it's perfectly receivable here on the 536. Now Toledo PD on the other hand... Grrr.

Just letting ya'll know. :D

BillB78

Premium Subscriber
Hi I just seen that someone had the downriver mutual aid that covers my city of Taylor, but then that had been deleted & wondered what happen that it got deleted ?

Anyway of getting it back online ?

Thank you all that are providing the feeds by the way much appreciated.. I'd like so much to get to hear Taylor Police once more.. I miss listening too Taylor Police..

BillB78

Premium Subscriber
Bill did u ever find a cord?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, I never found what that works, but now I'm also getting an error on my APCO 25 Card I found out last night... I think my scanner now too old too even worry about it.. upsetting too because that thing cost me about 800 when I bought it too, should be able to update it for as much it cost me,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.