Downriver Mutual Aid Project 25 TRS Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
under the weather

Hi I just seen that someone had the downriver mutual aid that covers my city of Taylor, but then that had been deleted & wondered what happen that it got deleted ?

Anyway of getting it back online ?

Thank you all that are providing the feeds by the way much appreciated.. I'd like so much to get to hear Taylor Police once more.. I miss listening too Taylor Police..

I was told over the weekend that the gentleman who was providing the feed is sick, like something long term. Next time I see his son, I can get more info.

BillB78

Premium Subscriber
I was told over the weekend that the gentleman who was providing the feed is sick, like something long term. Next time I see his son, I can get more info.

Its all good, found it anyway under downriver & Fire.. So Taylor still is available atleast at times when they don't have the encrypted turned on anyway..

Have notice alot of times at night that they turn on the encryption to there radio freqs..

BillB78

Premium Subscriber
Taylor

Enjoying the downriver police Freq when its up & running,but does seem to be down alot for maintenance..

Last edited:

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing a new TGID 3235 on Downriver mutual. Anyone know what city that is?

The database was updated a couple days ago.
South Downriver Communications Center - Combined 9-1-1 PSAP serving the communities of Riverview and Trenton.

3227 - Fire Dispatch
3235 - Police Dispatch

Mike7883d

My Current Unidentified TG list:

Unknown/Unidentified Talkgroups:

TG 2021 - Probably a DPW
TG 4026 - a district court
TG 4028 - unknown court or city department

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
HP-1 vs Grecom psr-800 with encryption

I currently have a Uniden HomePatrol-1 with latest firmware and Extreme option, and a Grecom psr-800. Both great scanners!

I listen to Downriver Project 25 scanning all channels and run both scanners side by side so I can compare if each is getting the same transmissions.

The Grecom psr-800 will stop scanning and beep (sounds like a telephone busy tone) and show an "E" on the display to let you know when a encrypted signal is coming through. At the same time the Uniden HomePatrol-1 shows nothing, just keeps scanning. Which isn't a bad thing but with this method you might think there is no encryption going on.

So, if you only owned the HomePatrol you would think there was no encryption and communications are just light and not much going on. The Downriver cities seem to take turns with encryption. For example, one day Brownstown might be using encryption and you will only hear some, none or half on the transmissions. The next day it may be Grosse Ile with encryption and Brownstown will be clear. Even when they are using encryption you sometime still hear half of the conversation either from the station base or patrol car.

With this in mind, I have a friend that would like to purchase a new high end scanner, either from Uniden or Whistler.
I don't know if the encryption will stay the same (at least you can hear some transmissions) or they are working towards all encryption? In which case it probably would not be worth buying a new radio?

Also, not sure why the Grecom psr-800 will stop on encrypted transmissions with a busy dial tone and a displayed "E", and the Uniden HomePatrol-1 just keeps scanning like nothing is happening.

What does everyone think?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That's a user selectable setting in the PSR. You can have it all on encryption and unmute (so you hear all the gobbledygook), you can have it play the busy signal that you described or you can have it ignore the transmissions altogether just as the HP1 does. It all comes down to how you want it to operate.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
That's a user selectable setting in the PSR. You can have it all on encryption and unmute (so you hear all the gobbledygook), you can have it play the busy signal that you described or you can have it ignore the transmissions altogether just as the HP1 does. It all comes down to how you want it to operate.

Thanks! How about the HP-1, is it user selectable?

But the main question is...
With this in mind, I have a friend that would like to purchase a new high end scanner, either from Uniden or Whistler.
I don't know if the encryption will stay the same for Downriver Michigan(at least now you can hear some transmissions) or they are working towards all encryption? In which case it probably would not be worth buying a new radio?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
On the HP1 it always mutes encryption, and I don't believe you can change that.

As for your other questions... Unfortunately the only ones that know the answer are the system admins. If I had to make an educated guess... I'd say that if they are using encryption somewhat now, they will be working towards full time. Makes no sense to use it some days but not others.

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
As for your other questions... Unfortunately the only ones that know the answer are the system admins. If I had to make an educated guess... I'd say that if they are using encryption somewhat now, they will be working towards full time. Makes no sense to use it some days but not others.

Yes, that's what is strange, they have been using the system the way it works now for way over a year. I wish I knew where the system was headed. I would also like a new scanner but don't know if its worth it. I guess I could always eBay it.

Last edited:

gtsaday

Feed

No clue if you or anyone would know what happened, but I know a bunch of people are disappointed to see the Downriver feed that had been up for a while go down recently. Was good feed that was appreciated by many!

SCPD

QRT
Maybe back up

No clue if you or anyone would know what happened, but I know a bunch of people are disappointed to see the Downriver feed that had been up for a while go down recently. Was good feed that was appreciated by many!

I seen his son yesterday. The son said it was disconnected. After I told him people were looking for it, the son said he would tell his dad to put it back up. So we shall see.

BillB78

Premium Subscriber
Just thought I would post a follow up. I listen to Downriver Mutual here and NONE of it is Encrypted at all. It's on digital trucking P25; but it's perfectly receivable here on the 536. Now Toledo PD on the other hand... Grrr.

Just letting ya'll know. :D

I am totally up for getting to hear my Taylor Police once again.. Someone use to have it up, then they took it down.. I'm getting police Getty seeing there is a police simulator game being made.. :) Check out Police 10-13 & anyone else into being a police officer that never got to be a real police officer..

WU8Y

I've been having trouble receiving the Downriver P25 system lately. I'm in Southgate, so signal strength isn't a concern. What's interesting to me is that I can connect Unitrunker to my PSR-500, and it's showing all sorts of traffic on the control channel, but when I just do regular scanning I am hearing no traffic at all.

Any advice?

Josh

More and more traffic is encrypted now. I visit Wyandotte every week and bring my radio with me... more and more I'm noticing just the dispatcher in the clear.. and the rare mobile/portable in the field coming in... most of the time it's just silent. I would suspect that the dispatchers will soon be encrypted too, thus completing the process of locking up the system from scanner enthusiasts.

tjacks34

Not sure if this will help people but downriver did change their control channel to 852.1250, at one point i had all the frequencies in my scanner and only received a few transmissions on open search, i then deleted all but the 852.1250 and all is good now.

WU8Y

Josh, I think the PSR-500 would open squelch and send the garbled noise to the speaker on an encrypted talkgroup. I don't get *any* breaking of squelch.

tjacks34, I've got all the system frequencies programmed in. I do know the control channel changed, I can get that on Unitrunker software and it decodes the control channel just fine. I wonder, if I delete all but that control channel, would the scanner break squelch on voice transmissions? I'll have to try that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.