Downriver Scanner Frquencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeman

Hi

I live in Southern DownRiver area(Gibraltar), and i'm wondering if there is a way to restrict the Scanner sometimes to Just South Common channels, instead of having all of Downriver's 18 cities on it? also anyone know the frequency for border Patrol? or any other interesting frequencies, i normally listen to Downriver(all currently, since not sure how to restrict it from North/South, MSP, Monroe County, Wayne county.

bigbluemsp

Border Patrol 163.62500 P25 VHF

2276 8e4 D BPTAC1 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 1
2277 8e5 D BPTAC2 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 2
2278 8e6 D BPTAC3 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 3
2279 8e7 D BPTAC4 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 4

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
bikeman said:
Hi

I live in Southern DownRiver area(Gibraltar), and i'm wondering if there is a way to restrict the Scanner sometimes to Just South Common channels, instead of having all of Downriver's 18 cities on it? also anyone know the frequency for border Patrol? or any other interesting frequencies, i normally listen to Downriver(all currently, since not sure how to restrict it from North/South, MSP, Monroe County, Wayne county.

Just to add a bit more, the United States Border Patrol also make exstensive use of the MPSCS system. Being downriver, you can program in the FLAT ROCK tower and should be able to hear them on that tower when they are active!

bikeman

Downriver Scanner Frequenices

Ok I got that channel for border patrol programmed in right i think--do i set the Mode for CT? FM? MO? or other setting on the Pro-96? Not sure on programming Flat Rock Tower, so don't think i'll worry on that at this time, (programming channels is not my strong suit)

Oh by the way upstairs sometimes this scanner picks up TV signals--the voice? any idea why it does that, do i have it programmed wrong?

bigbluemsp

Set the following bank to MOT

2276 8e4 D BPTAC1 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 1
2277 8e5 D BPTAC2 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 2
2278 8e6 D BPTAC3 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 3
2279 8e7 D BPTAC4 U.S. Border Patrol - Tac 4

You must also assign towers in your area along with their control and alternate control channels.

Lets say like Flat ROCK has a control and 2 alternate controls which are marked blue and red in the database. You only have to enter the red and blue freqs for that tower. You also have to set the feqs for each tower to MOT.

bikeman

Downriver Scanner Frequenices

Ok I'll see if i can figure that out with Pro 96, a little new at entering frequencies still, but i do my best i can at it, by the way i noticed on the banks that are in there already, it says DG where the mode is suppose to be, what in the world is that?

bigbluemsp

DG is Digital.

MOT setting is for Digital Trunking and Analog Trunking.

Don't concern yourself with DG right now.

Get Win 96 and that will make your programming a million times easier.

Alpha432

The downriver cities that are on FD South are just that, all on the same channel, much like it was before this radio system. They each have their own individal channels that they may switch to. Like Flat Rock may switch to FLFD 1 if they want to talk privately or if they have a working fire where they wil be there a while. No other way to isolate them when they are on FD south. Hope that answers the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.