Downtown Capital Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what channels / frequencies they are using downtown to coordinate and facilitate the enhanced security downtown?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
All is quiet, so far. Most of the tactical teams have been disbanded throughout the day.

CHP is using UHF 2 (460.375) and UHF 5 (453.2)
SPD is using SPD 7
SSD is using SRRCS STAC 3 & SRRCS STAC 4
CANG is using SRRCS STAC 1

I believe FBI has a command post set up. I have not scanned any of the federal band.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised they aren't using one of the many Calaw or Clers frequencies so they can all be on the same page.

SPD and SSD don't have multi-band radios, only 7/800 MHz APX 6000's. CHP and CANG have 7/800 capability so they like to use the STAC's and then patch those in to other channels (SP 7) if needed.

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Calaw8 and 9 are both in the 800's with a repeater on top of sac County jail. :unsure: but I guess using Sac's trunked system is probably best in this scenario.

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
I just checked my recordings and they actually were on calaw8 for a bit through the repeater then switched to simplex. Between 1030 and 1210 this morning. And just now heard guard units ON CAP OPS 460.375 AKA Metro A

KG7PBS

I just checked my recordings and they actually were on calaw8 for a bit through the repeater then switched to simplex. Between 1030 and 1210 this morning. And just now heard guard units ON CAP OPS 460.375 AKA Metro A

Thanks to bad I can’t hear the Cap UHF from my QTH.

dirtrat

National Guard is not a member of SRRCS. My guess is they are using an STAC talkgroup that was patched from the one of the States Mutual Aid frequencies to the SRRCS talkgroups by one of the local PSAP's. SRRCS has numerous repeaters in the Region for Mutual aid that can be used including a location at the jail.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I may have been hearing the mutual aid outside agencies then on STAC. They were using the 919xxxx POOL radios.

The channel was being monitored by Sac PD dispatchers and the field radios were giving updates from various locations throughout the city that needed protection (such as Arden Fair Mall).

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
National Guard is not a member of SRRCS. My guess is they are using an STAC talkgroup that was patched from the one of the States Mutual Aid frequencies to the SRRCS talkgroups by one of the local PSAP's. SRRCS has numerous repeaters in the Region for Mutual aid that can be used including a location at the jail.

Speculation, but I think Sac County provided The COW, "Communications-On-Wheels" for Interoperations:
sac_026640.pdf (saccounty.net)

ke6gcv

Speculation, but I think Sac County provided The COW, "Communications-On-Wheels" for Interoperations:
sac_026640.pdf (saccounty.net)

I remember that trailer! It was successfully used when Westfield Galleria, Roseville, went up in flames. Brought several fire districts together under "one umbrella." Made for an awesome unified command from what I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.