Downtown Phoenix Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There was a lot of activity last night with protestors in Downtown Phoenix that turned violent and hectic at times. There may be continued protests tonight. There was a lot of radio activity. Here is what was used last night. These might be used again if protests continue tonight and through the weekend.

RWC G8 talkgroup 2847 - Phoenix PD Riot teams, Phoenix Fire, DPS
RWC G9 talkgroup 3226 - Traffic control. Earlier in the evening traffic control was also on G8, but moved to G9 as things got busy.
DPS Capitol - 460.4125 127.3 PL
DPS District 5 - 460.325 100.0 PL downtown area.

ADOT talkgroups were also active on the AzWins system, but I did not pay much attention to these talkgroups as the protests never made it to freeways.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

I think MCDOT REACT traffic control units *may* have also been working with or supplementing ADOT's IRU and other ADOT resources in the area. (It's possible they were working a separate incident, as well, I wasn't paying close attention to them. I just know they popped up a time or three.)

I heard a few weak transmissions on Metro Central, but nothing on the Capitol District channel. Were they working simplex?

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
What I heard on Capitol District was repeated. I heard troopers on scene and dispatcher. DPS often uses simplex on the repeater outputs. There may have been simplex around the Capitol complex, but I was too far away to receive if it was.

KB7MIB

I never heard the repeater, so I was wondering if they we're only simplex. Maybe I simply missed it. I don't think I'm too far to hear the repeater.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I monitored G8 on RWC Simulcast C and F last night. I monitored G9 on RWC Simulcast C. I also caught G8 on Simulcast B, but that is on the fringe of my receiving area.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There are no streaming restrictions on OpenMhz if you want to listen to my streams from last night or listen this weekend. These include G Deck and PSAP.

RWC Simulcast C:
RWC Simulcast F:

I have confirmed that G Deck is ok for Broadcastify, but not PSAP. Here are my Broadcastify Calls Streams:

RWC G8:

RWC G9:

Last edited:

KB7MIB

The Capitol District channel should be coming active momentarily.

I'll see if I can receive it here on just my handhelds. I don't have any outside antennas.

John
Peoria

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
There are no streaming restrictions on OpenMhz if you want to listen to my streams from last night or listen this weekend. These include G Deck and PSAP.

RWC Simulcast C:
RWC Simulcast F:

I have confirmed that G Deck is ok for Broadcastify, but not PSAP. Here are my Broadcastify Calls Streams:

RWC G8:

RWC G9:

THX for clarification

PSAP NO
G Deck OK

Got it

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
DPS Capitol District is active with a relatively small group of protestors near the Capitol building. It sounds like there has been 6' fencing installed around the Capitol complex that is keeping them out.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
"DPS 2" just came up on Capitol District. We have some big brass onsite!

There is a large group of 150+ people moving westbound on Washington from 6th Ave.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Live video from Phoenix PD Headquarters:

Foresigt

RWC Simulcast C:
RWC Simulcast F:

RWC G8:

RWC G9:

I can guarantee that you streaming PSAP on Broadcastify, OpenMHz or wherever will get it encrypted pretty quickly. Remember when it happens that you were part of the influence that resulted in no one being able to listen to it. I would think as the Database Admin you would be more responsible.

I've posted it before. The public safety guys do monitor these forums and monitor the streams. I'm surprised all of the stuff downtown isn't on encrypted talk groups so it can't be streamed. Did you ever think that some of the protesters could be listening to the stream? THAT is one of the reasons talk groups get encrypted.

Foresigt

It's not a secret operation. Everyone knows what is going on.

You are right that everyone knows what's going on. But the tactics of the moment is another thing.

I guess I'm so hot on this subject because a few years ago a friend of mine who works for an agency outside the valley had issues with a situation because the bad guys were listening to the stream of their cell phones so they knew what was coming at them. My friend's partner was seriously hurt becuase of it. During the investigation they found out the bad guys listening and less than 60 days later all of their PD channels were encrypted.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
You are right that everyone knows what's going on. But the tactics of the moment is another thing.

I guess I'm so hot on this subject because a few years ago a friend of mine who works for an agency outside the valley had issues with a situation because the bad guys were listening to the stream of their cell phones so they knew what was coming at them. My friend's partner was seriously hurt becuase of it. During the investigation they found out the bad guys listening and less than 60 days later all of their PD channels were encrypted.

In past PSAP & G Deck were on the no stream list. I also know what you are saying.. If stream it, we will loose it. People these days dont look @ big picture. Take a look @ what Denver recently did!

Foresigt

I can tell you that the communications people from all of the agencies in the valley get together usually at least monthly and these conversations come up. They haven't met in in a few months because of the COVID thing but they will and I'll bet at least the PSAP conversation will come up which is sad because I like listening to it. I remember someone complaining about a facegroup group where they posted a link to something that was FOUO and several poeple chastised him for it and he said no one would care. As I remember the link was dead in less than 1 day which tells me the comm people saw the post and removed the document from wherever it was.

I'm glad others on here get it but it only takes one to ruin it for all of us.

I'm done talking about this. Things are heating up again downtown and time to go listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.