• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DP1400/CP200d - 32 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco192

I pretty new to Motorola CPS and firmware, so please help me with this one ...

I have successfully updated a DP1400 radio (CP200d in US) to firmware R01.30.30.
According to user manuals with that firmware radio should have 32 channels (16 ch in 2 zones) but I can not see it.
I can't get the second zone programmed ... what should I do to fix it?!

I have CPS 16.0 that works as should.

Thanks for the help!

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I pretty new to Motorola CPS and firmware, so please help me with this one ...

I have successfully updated a DP1400 radio (CP200d in US) to firmware R01.30.30.
According to user manuals with that firmware radio should have 32 channels (16 ch in 2 zones) but I can not see it.
I can't get the second zone programmed ... what should I do to fix it?!

I have CPS 16.0 that works as should.

Thanks for the help!
In CPS right-click Channels then click Add Zone. If that option is not listed when you right-click make sure you are using Expert view. If you still don't have the option to Add Zone, then the particular model of radio you have likely doesn't support multiple zones.

Marco192

I do have "add zone" option (and it is clickable) but when i click on a message pops-up telling me that the maximum number of zones is 2. but there is only one zone + the channel pool.
The other problem is that I don't have an option to assign "zone toggle" to a button on a radio.

I am not aware that this is a hardware related function. All the info that I have come across says that it's a function added by a later firmware version.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I do have "add zone" option (and it is clickable) but when i click on a message pops-up telling me that the maximum number of zones is 2. but there is only one zone + the channel pool.
The other problem is that I don't have an option to assign "zone toggle" to a button on a radio.

I am not aware that this is a hardware related function. All the info that I have come across says that it's a function added by a later firmware version.
I just opened up the sample codeplug and I see what you're saying about the popup about only having 2 zones, and not having the Zone Selection option for a button. Since you have CPS 16 I would try updating the radio to R02.XX and see if the issue is resolved.

I've always hated the way zones work on mototrbo portables because it's a pain to configure on the low-end non-display radios, and virtually pointless on the XPR7000/DP48 radios because the channel knob is continuous.

Marco192

I agree, the zone system has stayed the same for years with no improvements. one should really have a radio with a display for anything beyond basic, one-channel work.

I could try updating, but just for testing purposes that would be a large expense

N1GTL

Database Admin
I think you're screwed on the second zone on this one. I just tested your issue. I have one zone and a channel pool. When I try to add a second zone, it tells me a maximum of 2 are allowed. The channel pool is being counted as a zone and it cannot be deleted. What is odd is that the channel pool is for IP Site connect on these radios and this radio is analog only so it is not even capable of IP site connect. Interestingly, I can also enter a RAS key which again is for digital channels but the radio does not have digital.

I have added two zones to CP200 radios (not sure if it was CP200d) using a button to toggle between 1-16 and 17-32. The radio beeps when it switches and the top light may flash if you're in the second zone (I don't recall). Don't go crazy, I don't think it will work.

Marco192

Thank you both for taking time and testing my issue!

@N1GTL
CP200 can be upgraded to a DMR radio via a software licence, so that's why it has all the digital features.
My situaution is exactly as described by you. It would seem that the channel pool is counted as a zone, but it is not.

I won't go crazy :) ... but I would like to find out what's the story. Why do some radio have 32 channels and others do not.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I've never heard of this, TBH, but I looked it up, and there are indeed 32 channel CP200d radios for sale brand new. So there almost has to be some way to make it work via firmware, I would think, as I'm pretty sure the hardware hasn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.