Dpd - 1963

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan-Denver

Anyone remember this ? I took these at the Bear Valley Shopping Center. DPD & DFD were showing off their equipment today.

106-0622_img.jpg

106-0623_img.jpg

106-0627_img.jpg

rick521

Radio Equipment

I had a radio like that in my car when I started in 1968. Oops I must be getting old!

Thayne

I think that one guy is Mike O'Neill when he was young.
That was the year I graduated and I remember hating to see one of those in my rear view mirror.
All the dicks had plain blue ones--easy to spot, and our chevy 327's would leave those 390 fords in the dust--they would rather race you than give you a ticket in those days--

K6PCW

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of nostalgic DPD stuff...

Anybody have some old recordings of DPD radio traffic from the 70s? Remember the old klaxon-style alert tones? "Standby for simulcast!"

rfburns

k6pcw said:
Anybody have some old recordings of DPD radio traffic from the 70s?

I've got some here in a box somewhere from the 60's and the 70's. I guess I should transfer them to a modern digital format before they self destruct.

rfburns

Who owns the car?
It looks like it is maybe a single channel Motran head. Kind of hard to tell because the horn ring is in the way. I thought DPD had 2 channel Motracs with the light sensor to dim the pilot lights, but maybe that wasn't until around 1967. Then later they had the kit put in them for 4 chs. It doesn't look like the original mounting bracket in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.