DPD Channel 3 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Yes I know..bad me, but this is too good to keep to my self.

District 3 officers looking for a DG medic impersonator, armed and wearing body armor. All action on Dist 3 dispatch.

cstockmyer

No I did not..sorry...this got interesting though. When they caught him he had a "police radio". The comment made on the air was " He heard metro was here, and he got scared.." Dare I nominate him for smart criminal of the year??

Scan-Denver

Maybe "Knuckle-head" of the year !

If you need "free" recording software - I can point you in the right direction !! Wavepad is an awesome piece of recording software... Check out Wave Pad here.

cstockmyer

Scan-Denver said:
Maybe "Knuckle-head" of the year !

If you need "free" recording software - I can point you in the right direction !! Wavepad is an awesome piece of recording software... Check out Wave Pad here.

Ok dumb question of the month...you have to have your computer hooked up to your scanner to use that..how do you do that?

Scan-Denver

Buy an audio cord from Radio Shack or other electronics store that has a stereo 1/8 inch plug at both ends. Plug one end into your microphone or line in jack on the sound card of your computer. Plug the other end into the headphone jack of your scanner - and there you go !

Best to use the line in jack if you have it on your sound card.

Hopefully your computer will allow you to listen on the computer speakers while you have your scanner plugged into your computer. If not, you could always purchase a "Y" splitter where one set of plugs goes to your computer for recording while the other set goes to your speakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.