DPD District 4 Officer-involved use of force incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
In DPD District 4 it appears they had an officer-involved use of force incident at the District 4 station. Tower 27 and EMS just responded. Evidently they had a party with a gun behind the sally port, pretty weird. No suspects outstanding, scene is code 4. It sounds the suspect may not be in good shape, if he's still alive.

[EDIT: I just realized this should have been in incidents & breaking news, sorry:)]

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Suspect dead, officer fine, pretty good listening on 04-081 and the archives.

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Susp id from officer involved shooting. Susp is Isaac Vigil (04/09/1982). No current mugshot yet. Mugshot from 2007: pic.twitter.com/gcSakM1QB2

Moosemedic

&quot;Produced a weapon&quot; ?

News reports and the Chief seem to misunderstand how the suspect "produced a weapon"

Just for clarification;

1. 1.
    make or manufacture from components or raw materials."the company has just produced a luxury version of the aircraft"

2. cause (a particular result or situation) to happen or come into existence."no conventional drugs had produced any significant change"

How about searching a suspect before you put him in the patrol vehicle seated behind you?

dw2872

Yeah I thought it was funny too when he said the suspect "produced" a gun. But that is just how they talk.

It all started when D4 vice guys were trolling through fast food parking lots for people buying/selling/using drugs and happened upon him at the McDs at 2850 W Alameda Ave at about 3:50 pm.

He was sitting in his car in the parking lot doing Meth and they told him to get out of the car. He said no, so they yanked him out and cuffed him.

His warrant was a $20,000 bond for assault. The drug part was just related to the Meth arrest on scene.

Zebra-443 asked for cover car and got 446A to come and transport him. They left with him toward D4 at 4:28 and arrived at D4 at 4:36. The shooting took place at 4:39.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dw2872

It seems like they couldn't wait to get that DPD SUV back in service. They did their investigation and lab stuff on it yesterday. Took it to the shop to get some things fixed this morning and it is already back out on calls in D4 with 422A.

speard

Premium Subscriber
It seems like they couldn't wait to get that DPD SUV back in service. They did their investigation and lab stuff on it yesterday. Took it to the shop to get some things fixed this morning and it is already back out on calls in D4 with 422A.

There is no reason to hold it, it wasn't really used in the commission of the crime, it all happened after he exited. It'd be a waste of a cruiser to hold it for trial after the lab does it's thing.

dw2872

He was shot inside the SUV and laying in the backseat with his gun under him. They were going to wait for K-9 to arrive before making contact with him in the back of the SUV after they shot him but that would have taken 10-20 minutes so they just went ahead and pulled him out. He may not have even been completely out of the back seat when he fired his shots.

Anyway, if they completed their photographic and forensic part of their investigation on the SUV then there would be no reason not to put it back in service. I bet those officers are still not back at work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.