DPD, Plano PD, Richardson PD, FBI involved in pursuit/Standoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetxmi

RESCUE4NFD said:
All the news about the "Scarecrow Bandits" is great,But I have several friends who work for GPD and the Kroger Food store at Shilo/Campbell is in their Patrol Beat in Garland.The FBI/DPD Task Force didn't Inform GPD that they had a Stakeout going on at Kroger's.The 2 Garland officers just happened to be in the Shopping Center where the Kroger store is when the arrest of 2 Female suspects took place.I thought is was common pratice to inform a city that you could have a "SHOOTOUT" in your city.The Garland officers were "ALLOWED" to transport the suspects for the FBI.The FBI agents gave both Garland Officers a pair of Oakley Shooting glasses for "HELPING" out....LOL

I wonder if the Oakley's were a peace offering, or more like giving a lollypop to an upset kid.

Thats crazy that they didn't inform them!

RESCUE4NFD

LOL..I don't know,but maybe that should give the Garland Police Chief a case of sunglasses..I understand he is very upset...

bownasterm

Plano officers seemed surprised as well...most of them only got word of what was going on because Air 1 was hovering over the tollway, and they started pointing it out then a sgt got on and said what was happening. The DPD patrol elements were possibly out of the loops ( FBI - Deployment - Swat/Tac)

Firetxmi

bownasterm said:
Plano officers seemed surprised as well...most of them only got word of what was going on because Air 1 was hovering over the tollway, and they started pointing it out then a sgt got on and said what was happening. The DPD patrol elements were possibly out of the loops ( FBI - Deployment - Swat/Tac)

I saw Air One go over my backyard and felt the rotor wash. I went inside and got my scanner. Just as I turn it on I hear a female Sgt. come on and ask dispatch if DPD was involved in a pursuit because her husband who is a Richardson police officer was on the phone with her saying that DPD was headed toward Plano chasing the Scarecrow Bandits. Dispatch said they would ask DPD. They came on and confirmed that there was a pursuit going through the city (right by my house actually). For about 5 min. the only way that Plano PD had a location on the pursuit was by an officer physically looking at Air One and giving a guess at its location.

bownasterm

I saw Air One go over my backyard and felt the rotor wash. I went inside and got my scanner. Just as I turn it on I hear a female Sgt. come on and ask dispatch if DPD was involved in a pursuit because her husband who is a Richardson police officer was on the phone with her saying that DPD was headed toward Plano chasing the Scarecrow Bandits. Dispatch said they would ask DPD. They came on and confirmed that there was a pursuit going through the city (right by my house actually). For about 5 min. the only way that Plano PD had a location on the pursuit was by an officer physically looking at Air One and giving a guess at its location.

Exactly! Thats what I heard, I heard her mention the husband a few times figured he was an LEO somewhere in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.