DPD - St. Patricks Day Party (Lower Greenville Ave.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just came out on CBS-11 TV Dallas.

The Anual Greenville Ave. St. Patricks day Parade and party will have some new protocols this year.

A: A dedicated 911 Dispatcher for the lower greenville ave. area.

B: 5 Wreckers in a Staging area for towing.

C: A massive handfull of Police and Police Presence.

I'm not sure which Channel DPD will work off, My guess is both 8 and 12. the Parade starts Saturday morning and the Festivities will last till the Normal Greenville Ave. closeing time.

This will make goos scanning & Lousey Traffic on side streets, 75, Abrams (all throughout Lakewood) DFD I suspect will use DFD 10, Special Events. (just a guess)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ch's 8 & 12 (especially 12 for any "dedicated" dispatcher) would be my guess as well. If one were adventuresome (or flat out crazy) enough to get into that mob, you might hear some traffic on Tac's simplex frequency (458.975, 173.8pl).

Don't overlook the NE division Deployment group (TGID 9072) and Central Patrol Deployment (TGID 9120) on the Dallas LG TRS .

If they have wreckers staged, along with motor jocks, Ch 9 (traffic division) could be in occasional use, especially during the parade.

SCPD

QRT
No Doubt, 9072 or 9088 (Citywide) are gonna be hopping. No, I am NOT adventureous enough to get into that Mob with a scanner just to hear TAC Simplex. its bad enough I have to drive today down 75 to Fairfield, I'll probably go 78 to 635 to 20 so I don't catch any Crazyness.

I was thinking 12 will be used, since it sounds better in most of the city. but also, 1, 2, 8 & 12 B-Side will prolly be active.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Don't count too much on 9088 (Citywide). Lately, the only traffic I've heard on it has been directly in SW Patrol's area (Ch 4 country). I haven't had time yet to spend on this system & see if there is a new 'citywide' and/or one for the new South Central Patrol. I may set up my 246 on log/record to see what else turns up.

As Dallas SO will also have their mobile intoxilizer 18-wheeler over on Greenville, there should be some activity there as well.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Dallas LG TRS
unlisted IDs in use for the Lower Greenevile/St Patrick's Day mob:
9824- sounds like possibly deploment units, & parking enforcement
9808- PSO's (Public Safety officers), parking enforcement
9840- parking enforcement
9856- referred to as "C" (not enough activity yet to nail down usage other than it being referred to by a specific name)

Status
Not open for further replies.