DPD traintenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
well today i got off work about 11 and looked and my package had arrived i opened it it was packed in bubble wrap with instructions pig tale was what i requested came with mounting gear at mentioned on the site dave was very helpful telling me when they were gonna send always answered emails forum questions antenna is grey with caps on top and bottom weighs a few pounds looks good no scratches or defects very well built antenna im gonna install it today when my buddie gets off work since 45 and half foot steel mast is very heavy over all rating

1-10 10 being best

speed of delivery 8
packaging 10
quality of the product 9
helpful staff 10

with an over all of 10 in my opinion

ill let you guys know how it preforms tomarrow or monday

thnx dave

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Have had mine up a about a week now and really like this antenna alot, this is my first traintenna..I am pleased with the results of the performance and overall service from DPD company..I was using a 2m/440 vertical and a scantenna for RR with good results but now can hear much better with this antenna..Have it mounted on the side of a 30ft. tower using times microwave LMR-400 coax. Receiver I am using is a Yaesu 7800-R with all RR channels programmed in, also still using my Pro-2045 scanner hooked up to the scantenna ran through a GRE 3001 preamp, I can hear way more with the Yaesu and traintenna..

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
Well over all i give it a 9 out of 10 now intermod isn't a big issue now... I still have a few channels that the weather transmitters but in on but there not nearly as bad as before.... Im picking up a atlanta dispatch and charlotte dispatchers....And for hot box dectetors ive gained 2 that i now can hear so that makes 5 hbd in total..... I can hear dispatch to trains and vice versa depending on the terrain hills walls buildings...
I also gained 3 ft on my mast b/c my mast wouldn't allow me to mount it so i took a extra pipe and put it on the in side and ran a bolt thru it and then i could mount it.... So i gained 6ft in total.... over all id get another if this one goes on the fritz....

Paulsan

DPD is great! I have an Omni X and can't say enough good things.

And I must agree, punctuation is your friend.

DPD1

It's too bad that Dave couldn't send along a few periods, commas, and capital letters with the installation kit. :)

Sorry, I'm back-ordered.

Thanks guys, I'm glad everybody is happy... After just looking at the stock market numbers for the week, it makes me feel better. Kind of.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
DPD Stock?

Sorry, I'm back-ordered.

Thanks guys, I'm glad everybody is happy... After just looking at the stock market numbers for the week, it makes me feel better. Kind of.

Are you suggesting you are going to IPO soon? What symbol?
I'm still very happy with my LP 118-1000 It is a great antenna! Should rename it "The Solution".
Keep up the good work and excellent customer service Dave!!!

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Everybody has their opinions of which is better DPD's Traintenna mobile or Railcom's 5/8 mobile. Honestly they're about the same. Definitely advise using both with an amateur radio mobile or HT rather than a scanner. They're so good, that the misc intermod signals of pagers, NOAA, etc can overload the front end of a Uniden or GRE scanner like it's nothing. No problems on my Yaesu handhelds or FT-857D.

Definitely good stuff Dave! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.