DPS 460.500 100.0 PL in Phoenix Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I don't listen to DPS very often because there is a lot of traffic with license checks that is very annoying. However, today I listened a little and I am confused about the use of the frequency below in the Phoenix Area:

460.500 100.0 PL listed as "DPS CID Channel 2 Statewide" in the database.

This frequency carries the same radio traffic (base and mobile) as 460.457 151.4 PL "DPS DIST 11 / Globe; E & NE of Phoenix Metro". Can someone explain the use of this a little more? Is the use of this frequency different in the Phoenix area compared to the rest of the state?

Cheers,

Joe Badura

Last edited:
Great question. I don't think the labels everyone uses for these frequencies are still good. This is a prime example. There are no criminal investigations happening on theis freq, just license and registration checks.

Now years ago this was used by detectives, I remember that. But no more. As a matter of fact, I would LOVE to know what frequencies DPS detectives DO use. I cannot find any investigation activities on ANY of their frequencies, EVER! Really strange. This is the only agency where I can find NOTHING like this. And DPS does plenty of investigative work, believe that. Maybe they just use nextels now?

Any ideas?

cratliff

I like to listen to dps during heavy traffic times when they get accidents to respond to and all and have been on a ride-along where we did some investigative work (which was really fun)....anyhow, I was listening the other day and heard some talk, which sounded like detectives out looking for hit and run suspects at their homes and things like that....of course I do not remember what freq it was on......it must be there though!!! I'll keep my ears out for it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.