DPS Baker Peak off air

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Has anyone else noticed that the Baker peak tower on the state system is off the air? It's been dead for a couple of weeks, since the last ice storm. Is it dead because they don't know or don't want to fix it?

Jim H.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed that the Baker peak tower on the state system is off the air? It's been dead for a couple of weeks, since the last ice storm. Is it dead because they don't know or don't want to fix it?

Jim H.

Since they are all connected by wireline, I can't imagine that the techs don't know. Nevermind wireline, they wouldn't hear it. Likewise, you don't just abandon several hundred $$ worth of equipment just 'cause you don't want to fix it. At least not when it's this new. :)

Could it be that you have the wrong control channels in? Could the site have been "rebanded"?

WX5JCH

Banned
It went off the air during the ice storm, I'm beginning to think the power lines to the top are still down. Maybe they haven't noticed it down, not much traffic on it.

I've run a couple of passes looking for new control channels on my 996t and nothing new is showing up. I'll keep listening, good idea.
Darn, that was my only DPS tower that I could listen to from here in Elk.City.

Thanks!
Jim

n5bew1

I remember reading somewhere that the road to the top of Baker isn't that good. Could be a challenge for power crews.

WX5JCH

Banned
I'll post here when it comes back up. Do we have any members in Lawton? They could surely hear it better than I can. I get 2 bars tops on a good day.

n5bew1

Here's a pic of Baker Peak just for grins
It is the tallest point just right of center.

Attachments

• BakerpeakOK.jpg
    BakerpeakOK.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.