DPS changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
A lot of DPS have joined major trunk systems especially in my area..south east Texas. The TXWARN system seems to be the new home for DPS and their old Vhf-hi conventional channels are no longer being used or perhaps only used for back-up purposes ! So i really don't see DPS going back conventional channels even if the frequencies have changed or new licenses, call signs change

riverradio68

Feed Provider
While you hear DPS on TXWARN they still remain on VHF, Tyler and Houston DPS operate on both.

DPS Region I has done some major rearranging, Sent rattler what I have but have yet to hear back from him. Guess he don't answer "Conversations".

Texarkana seems to be using Sulphur Springs, Paris, Marshall & Sherman. Garland is condensed down to Garland & Greenville. Denton is now part of Mineral Wells.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Conroe uses TXWARN so does Huntsville. Both are no longer using Vhf hi channels. I know houston will broadcast sometimes on the trunk system only and not the conventional channels. I have missed entire conversations when monitoring them traveling through houston. On my 2nd scanner on TXWARN i get the the dispatcher talking while conventional is silent

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring the conventional channel on my 1st scanner. I usually travel with 2 scanners for that purpose. One for trunking and the other for conventional frequencies

riverradio68

Feed Provider
It's possible now that TXWARN, GATRRS and PB are all well established that DPS is trying to save a buck and dropping the multicast in places. It makes sense. I could see dropping the Texarkana VHF (155.4450) as Texarkana is on GATRRS however tonight I am still hearing Texarkana on 155.4675 NAC 118 (Sulphur Springs) and 155.5125 NAC 162 (Paris). I have NOT heard them on the Sherman 155.4450 NAC 123 (Which is also the old Texarkana) repeater at all. We'll keep a listen on em and see what's going on.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
While you hear DPS on TXWARN they still remain on VHF, Tyler and Houston DPS operate on both.

DPS Region I has done some major rearranging, Sent rattler what I have but have yet to hear back from him. Guess he don't answer "Conversations".

Texarkana seems to be using Sulphur Springs, Paris, Marshall & Sherman. Garland is condensed down to Garland & Greenville. Denton is now part of Mineral Wells.

I have corresponded with "Rattler", a very nice fellow. Sometimes, his response time is longer than others. I am still hearing VHF here in Waco/Bell County. I have not heard or heard of any DPS talk groups on the HOTRRS here. However, Bell County P25 does have DPS talk groups.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I have corresponded with "Rattler", a very nice fellow. Sometimes, his response time is longer than others.
It’s hot and cold with my activity on the site sometimes. I am actively working in the oilfield and get way too busy to log on sometimes for several days when we are moving around the country. I do my best and will always answer👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.