DPS getting better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

I'm having a lot better luck hearing DPS lately. I'm often getting KKD303 and the Trooper they are talking to on 155.460 MHz.

Don't know what changed...

Anyone else hearing this?

I've put the 700MHz freqs in but haven't heard anything there yet. Anyone having any luck of the 700MHz tower?

Best,
-Jon

bpckty1

Dispatch probably turned the repeater on.

The only 700 MHz frequencies I am aware of that are being used daily are on STARNET P-25, and are used primarily by Walker County units. Matagorda County users also pop up on the system in Houston, as the 700 MHz freqs are also being broadcast in the Harris County area. I suspect, for now, it is primarily for coverage (and tech use) testing.

VintageJon

Thanks for the input, sir.
I forgot to mention that I'm in Austin Tx, (Travis County.)
I reckon that would have been helpful...

Are you picking up the KKD303 main base here in Austin?

THANKS
Jon

VintageJon

Thank you, Sir! I was wondering how far the KKD303 base carried. I'm not far from it so it's hard to tell. I've received them down in San Antonio before.

Best,
Jon

scrotumola

I used to DPS Capitol KKD303 daily south of San Antonio, but I recently moved and have not set up outdoor antennas (yet). I am barely able to pick up SA (KKI413) and they used to smoke on analog.

Croaker90

Yes I hear them down here in Corpus Christi and I never understood what the dispatcher says at end something like KXD or KKD numbers, what do they mean?

Last night dispatch said attention officers for officer safety, then gave info. on a guy that shot a officer. (I don't know where, and when officer was shot, I assume long time back as nothing was in the news)

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
VintageJon said:
Thank you, Sir! I was wondering how far the KKD303 base carried. I'm not far from it so it's hard to tell. I've received them down in San Antonio before.

Best,
Jon

I was mobile travelling between Hamilton & Bend last week and picked Austin up quite well.

VintageJon

Croaker90- yeah the operators here in Austin seem to pride themselves on broadcasting a call sign that can't be understood. There are a couple that plainly say KKD 303 though a lot of KD03 and KkD3 and even KD3.

Thanks for reception reports everyone.

Best,
Jon

Para078

Premium Subscriber
Back in the gold ole days, on 42.9, Sulphur Springs had a dispatcher who gave what sounded like Kzub50 for KJW-750. Always sounded like he had a big chew in his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.