DPS Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7JVRinAZ

Premium Subscriber
All day I've been listening to what I thought was District 11- Globe. But I've heard units in the 300 series (331,332,333,334) I always thought District 3 was up on the Navajo reservation in NE Arizona. I really haven't heard any locations except 93 southboud, which sounds more like Districts 1 and 12. Has DPS restructured?

Last edited:

KD7JVRinAZ

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. It is possible I was hearing some D-3 southern units with the new district boundries. It's hard to believe that Florence is now Metro and Superior is D-11. I hadn't considered that the dispatcher may have been handling two consoles. Duh!

Last edited:

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
It's pretty cool that you can hear the whole state from right here in the metro area. I hope that's still possible if/when they switch to trunking.

AZ165

Premium Subscriber
you probably were listening to the right frequency for D11 however currently D11 is dispatched out of the Flagstaff center. When dispatchers take breaks or they are short, they will patch districts together so one dispatcher can work two or more districts at a time. When the frequencies are patched, you will often hear D3 units on D11 radio or D1 and D2 together, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.