jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
I live in Bryan, Tx and it list that they are on
155.46000 DPS BASE A Bryan - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
154.68000 Bryan - Mobiles to Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
159.21750 Cameron - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
159.21000 Flynn - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
155.37000 TEXAS LAW 2 Texas Law 2 FM
but I put it in and it is not working I have had it in over 2 weeks and logging and nothing. I have it put in a site and it is under P25.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
More Details

I live in Bryan, Tx and it list that they are on
155.46000 DPS BASE A Bryan - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
154.68000 Bryan - Mobiles to Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
159.21750 Cameron - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
159.21000 Flynn - Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
155.37000 TEXAS LAW 2 Texas Law 2 FM
but I put it in and it is not working I have had it in over 2 weeks and logging and nothing. I have it put in a site and it is under P25.

In order to help you, I need to know what type of digital radio & operating software you are using. Then, perhaps, I might be able to assist. If you are using a Uniden digital scanner or Home Patrol, you might review these threads as well.

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
How have you entered these in? Remember, they are conventional (non-trunked) frequencies. By the way, I would recommend only entering in 155.460.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
In order to help you, I need to know what type of digital radio & operating software you are using. Then, perhaps, I might be able to assist.

I have BCD996T I use Free Scan or UASD but I only used the UASD for this time because it was easy and fast for me

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
How have you entered these in? Remember, they are conventional (non-trunked) frequencies. By the way, I would recommend only entering in 155.460.

So I change the system to a Conventional now so even that it is P25 it will still pick it up now? Will I hear the Trooper too or just the Dispatch?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
This isn't a "system" but stand alone conventional repeaters (that happened to be linked, but this doesn't change the fact that they are conventional repeaters).

These should be entered as stand alone conventional objects.

Depending on a few circumstances you may or may not hear the trooper. Read the DPS Wiki here, for a brief explanation of why this occurs (boldened and boxed text below the summary).

Now I realize the DPS Wiki is way out of date... I'll get to this later

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
This isn't a "system" but stand alone conventional repeaters (that happened to be linked, but this doesn't change the fact that they are conventional repeaters).

These should be entered as stand alone conventional objects.

Depending on a few circumstances you may or may not hear the trooper. Read the DPS Wiki here, for a brief explanation of why this occurs (boldened and boxed text below the summary).

Now I realize the DPS Wiki is way out of date... I'll get to this later

ok thanks I fix it but now all I hear is a lot of noise like it not coming though?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Make sure your squelch is up and it's set to P25 only. If it is set as FM it will try to decode digital audio (and sounds like a buzzing saw).

I'm not a Uniden guy, but try to list, step by step how you entered it, or the settings you have (screenshots are nice also).

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
Make sure your squelch is up and it's set to P25 only. If it is set as FM it will try to decode digital audio (and sounds like a buzzing saw).

I'm not a Uniden guy, but try to list, step by step how you entered it, or the settings you have (screenshots are nice also).

Now how do I set it to P25? I am not sure how to change it in the radio?

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber

ok I took some Screen Shots maybe you can help find out how to hear them

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Like I said before, I'm not a Uniden guy, but everything in those shots look correct to a GRE man. Someone else, that is a Uniden-er, will chime in soon.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok I took some Screen Shots maybe you can help find out how to hear them
For Texas DPS, which is P25 (digital) on conventional (not trunked) channels, I'd recommend that you set your audio type to "digital only" instead of "all". For the two channels in your screen shot, you have them set as "All". It will work set to 'all', but you'll get slightly less interference if you set it as "digital'.

Remember that 154.6800 is the mobile input to the dispatch. As Michael (mfn002) has indicated, they may be leaving 155.4600 in the repeater mode more of the time, so you'd hear both sides of the conversation (base/dispatcher, as well as the mobile units) on the same frequency. You would onlyhear the mobile units (the troopers cars) on 154.6800 if they were fairly close to you, probably only a very few miles at the most, The exact distance is going to depend on what sort of antenna you're using: the extendable whip that comes with the 996T? a rooftop antenna? a different antenna, but used inside your house? Also, on whether your up on a hill, or perhaps down towards the bottom of one, blocking some of your reception.

lawdog67

Like I said before, I'm not a Uniden guy, but everything in those shots look correct to a GRE man. Someone else, that is a Uniden-er, will chime in soon.

Hi there. I am using a GRE scanner and I'm in the same boat, trying to scan Bryan DPS channels. I think I've input all the info correctly but I still am not hearing anything. I think I've got "Sq Mode" set to P25 and the Squelch Codes set to the numbers indicated on the RR database. Anything else I should be doing?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Jacob:

I see that you also have a HP-1. Does it receive the DPS or are you not getting anything on it either? The reason I am asking is that I wonder if you have something causing interference local to you. Since the HP-1 should be set properly from the DB, it eliminates possible programming errors.

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
Jacob:

I see that you also have a HP-1. Does it receive the DPS or are you not getting anything on it either? The reason I am asking is that I wonder if you have something causing interference local to you. Since the HP-1 should be set properly from the DB, it eliminates possible programming errors.

No because it not in my county but I see that it is under the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 but not sure what Freqs will pick it up? here is a shot i took of it

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
No because it not in my county but I see that it is under the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 but not sure what Freqs will pick it up? here is a shot i took of it
:confused: What does your county have to do with it?

I assume you have set up a Favorite List, just add the Bryan DPS dispatch to it. Even if you have not added a favorites list and are using location type scanning the Bryan geo-tag covers several counties and way over 11,000 square miles. Your location says you are in College Station, that is certainly close enough to hear the Bryan DPS (especially since the tower is actually in College Station.)

I live in Madison county about 30 driving miles from the Bryan city limits and easily pick up the DPS out of both Brian and Huntsville which is even further away. I am picking it up on my HP1 with an external antenna when scanning the full database.

Richard

jschandua87

Premium Subscriber
I live in Madison county about 30 driving miles from the Bryan city limits and easily pick up the DPS out of both Brian and Huntsville which is even further away. I am picking it up on my HP1 with an external antenna when scanning the full database.

Richard

ok thanks I got it working now just try to get it working on my BCD996T now but I did something to it so I see if that will work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.