DPS LEA Narrowbanding Schedule - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I believe this includes Point to Point, Mutual Aid, IOWA Channel, AREA 11 Aid, and LINC.

****** tentative schedule for narrowbanding of lea begining april 2012******

be advised that the iowa department of public safety will begin the narrow banding process for lea april 2 – 6, 2012. During this week we will be converting the lea frequencies handled by des moines state radio, these include des moines lea, laurel lea, st marys lea, and van wert lea.

For those mobile users who use the lea frequencies when traveling through or into des moines you will need to use linc or have your dispatch contact us on point-to-point.

For those agencies located in the des moines state radio area of service you will need to reach us on pt-pt or linc.

2012 tentative schedule for the rest of the state:

April 16th – 20th --- atlantic state radio lea frequencies
including the following: Springbrook lea, atlantic lea, glenwood lea, new market lea, dennison lea, and moorhead lea.

April 30th – may 4th --- storm lake state radio lea frequencies
including the following: Storm lake lea, merrill lea, matlock lea, and terril lea.

May 14th – 18th --- cedar falls state radio lea frequencies
including the following: Blairsburg lea, belmond lea, cedar falls lea, holy cross lea, gunder lea, harpers ferry lea, and lourdes lea.

May 29th – june 1st --- cedar rapids state radio lea frequencies
including the following: Brooklyn lea, cedar rapids lea, maquoketa lea, and muscatine lea.

June 11th – 15th --- fairfield state radio lea frequencies
including the following: Albia lea, fairfield lea, and beaverdale lea.

Last edited:

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
What will this mean exactly? Are local agencies that use LEA (for instance in the Storm Lake dispatch area) set to use narrow mode? Can the radios be changed before the tower? Perhaps they have already? Or is this going to require a huge re-programming of the (thousands?) of radios during this time?

I know about the 2013 narrowband mandate. I'm guessing most have the radios that can do narrow -- the question is are they able to switch fairly easily?

Scott

IowaGuy1603

What will this mean exactly? Are local agencies that use LEA (for instance in the Storm Lake dispatch area) set to use narrow mode? Can the radios be changed before the tower? Perhaps they have already? Or is this going to require a huge re-programming of the (thousands?) of radios during this time?

I know about the 2013 narrowband mandate. I'm guessing most have the radios that can do narrow -- the question is are they able to switch fairly easily?

Scott

My agency is setting up to narrow band..............but I don't think we will be ready by the June 1st timeframe.

I just had my new portable programed.......(this week)......and it was programed wide band

All of our mobile have all LEA frequencies/tones programed in on the travel group..............and our in house programmer hasn't mentioned a timeframe for changing them yet

IowaGuy1603

My agency is setting up to narrow band..............but I don't think we will be ready by the June 1st timeframe.

I just had my new portable programed.......(this week)......and it was programed wide band

All of our mobile have all LEA frequencies/tones programed in on the travel group..............and our in house programmer hasn't mentioned a timeframe for changing them yet

Jones County is switching to Narrow Band on 4/30-5/1

Actually a few of our mobiles are already switched over..................and are working fine set to narrow band while the others are not

Base is still wideband

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.