DPS Mutual Aid TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I got to listen to OCFD again today! :D

Sounds like Nichols Hills had one of their big houses catch fire today. They called OCFD for help, and as a result I got to listen to the whole thing on TG 43440. Fun!

The TG is listed in the DB as:
Central Oklahoma Regional Mutual Aid -- RMA CN 2C

Which prompted my question. The DB lists 15 mutual aid talkgroups, plus an "announce" TG. How do they decide which one they are going to use? Are they somehow preassigned? Just curious...

eharlow

Premium Subscriber
Nhfd/vfd

The SOP with NHFD and VFD is to switch to RMA 2C for OCFD responses. This is a prearranged agreement between the 3 departments. This is official information from NHFD's chief.

car2back

What's supposed to happen is a agency/department radios The DPS Comm center on RMA-2A (the announce tg) and request to be assigned a MA. On the east end it's Tulsa PD Master Console that monitors the RMAs and assigns them. The purpose of this is to keep track of which one's are available and which aren't. Some are "permanently" assigned for certain tasks, like in the case eharlow mentioned. SMA's are the same way.

I have a question for anyone that knows.... Does anyone keep track of the NPSPAC ITAC frequencies locally? :confused:

dstew67

Premium Subscriber
car2back said:
What's supposed to happen is a agency/department radios The DPS Comm center on RMA-2A (the announce tg) and request to be assigned a MA. On the east end it's Tulsa PD Master Console that monitors the RMAs and assigns them. The purpose of this is to keep track of which one's are available and which aren't. Some are "permanently" assigned for certain tasks, like in the case eharlow mentioned. SMA's are the same way.

I have a question for anyone that knows.... Does anyone keep track of the NPSPAC ITAC frequencies locally? :confused:

I scan them for anywhere from 8 to 15 hours a day, a minimum of 4 days a week....I hear repeater IDs, but can't remember hearing any traffic.

OUAlumni

Interesting. So with proper planning, the original complaint in this thread:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96521

is not valid. You cannot blame the system when the interoperability pieces are in place technologically but are not implemented by the users in the field.

There are two pieces to the interoperability solution in this case: policy and technology. Again, the technology is in place but it becomes glaringly obvious that the policy is only in place for only a few cases.

SABRE46

OUAlumni said:
Interesting. So with proper planning, the original complaint in this thread:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96521

is not valid. You cannot blame the system when the interoperability pieces are in place technologically but are not implemented by the users in the field.

There are two pieces to the interoperability solution in this case: policy and technology. Again, the technology is in place but it becomes glaringly obvious that the policy is only in place for only a few cases.

Explain to me again how an 800 system talks to a vhf analog system?

freqscout

If you want to know about how to link 800 to VHF then do a search in wiki. This is a topic beat to the hills of the shiite militia.

RE: Mortgage fire: That is hilarious.

I wonder how many fire rigs it takes to put out a house that is a block long.

OUAlumni

sentrymechanic said:
Explain to me again how an 800 system talks to a vhf analog system?

For EDACS? A causeway. Connect your radio of choice (VHF, UHF, low band, 800 MHz, iDEN, etc.) to a card in the IMC and assign it to a talk group. Look at Oklahoma City's system in the database underneath the "Mutual Aid and Link Talk Groups" and you will see numerous examples of how an 800 system talks to a VHF analog system.

And a UHF analog system.

And an 800 MHz trunked analog system from a different vendor.

It can be done for just about any system flavor, and pretty much has.

Gilligan

Database Admin
OUAlumni said:
For EDACS? A causeway. Connect your radio of choice (VHF, UHF, low band, 800 MHz, iDEN, etc.) to a card in the IMC and assign it to a talk group.
Just curious what an IMC is? And I would assume you would connect it to the radio via standard speaker/mic jacks on the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.