DPS Pursuit Silence Waco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Last night, I heard about an active pursuit by DPS. Reportedly, there were three DPS units in pursuit; however, I heard nothing on the scanner. I seriously doubt that DPS was playing with their MDT's instead of communicating with dispatch during this event. I believe I have all of the DPS frequencies programmed. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into this matter?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Last night, I heard about an active pursuit by DPS. Reportedly, there were three DPS units in pursuit; however, I heard nothing on the scanner. I seriously doubt that DPS was playing with their MDT's instead of communicating with dispatch during this event. I believe I have all of the DPS frequencies programmed. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into this matter?
Any chance DPS has activated talkgroups on the Waco digital system?

I know they did have assigned TGID's on TxWARN P25 for the Waco area, but that was before the site was rolled into the new Waco digital system. I do occasionally hear Tyler DPS on TxWARN when they get far enough west to affiliate with the Kaufman site.

I'm guessing that you also verified they had not switched to the county's frequencies or the older analog system (if that is still up).

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I know here in San Antonio when DPS is in a pursuit they will be be on whatever agency channel is with them in the chase. So they will be on a county or city channel with maybe after the chase is over a trooper letting the DPS dispatcher on there VHF channel know when it has ended

nd5y

Program all the standard DPS base/repeater frequencies with no tone/NAC or tone/NAC search.
If they aren't on one of the trunked systems then the frequencies and NACs in the database could be obsolete for the Waco area.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
TX CALL 1/2

During this pursuit which reportedly involved three DPS units, Waco PD was following behind to figure out what was occurring. They did not seem to know either. I don't see a spot for DPS on the Waco Public Safety P25. However, I do see one for ABC.

When I looked at my mapping, I forgot to assign TXCALL 1 & TXCALL 2 to the DPS scan list. Hence, if they were using these two frequencies, I would not have heard the traffic. I have since corrected this.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
DPS frequently operates on the local SO channels (talkgroups). If you couldn't find them on DPS Waco (or one of the VHF InterOp channels) then it's possible they were on McLennan SO. If the chase originated in another county it is also possible they were on that county's SO channel - assuming the neighboring SO radio could reach into McLennan.

Russell

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
SO Silence Too

DPS frequently operates on the local SO channels (talkgroups). If you couldn't find them on DPS Waco (or one of the VHF InterOp channels) then it's possible they were on McLennan SO. If the chase originated in another county it is also possible they were on that county's SO channel - assuming the neighboring SO radio could reach into McLennan.

Russell

Thanks, but I was also listening to McLennan SO. There seemed to be rather oblivious as well.

twobytwo

Do you have 155,475 programmed? I here them talking car to car frequently in Lubbock.I don't think they would use 155.37/154.95 anyway.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
National Frequency

Do you have 155,475 programmed? I here them talking car to car frequently in Lubbock.I don't think they would use 155.37/154.95 anyway.

No, I don't, but I am heading to Lubbock/Plainview at the start of May. I hear Lubbock is migrating to a new P25 trunking system.

I used to have this frequency programmed when it was once listed on the Texas DPS page, but not now. In fact, I don't have it in my "West Texas" V folder. I will be adding it. Do you know the tone associated with this frequency?

When I had this nationwide LE frequency programmed, it triggered here in Waco, but I did not hit the "store" button fast enough. But, I will be adding this to my mix.

Thanks for the suggestion.

twobytwo

No, I don't, but I am heading to Lubbock/Plainview at the start of May. I hear Lubbock is migrating to a new P25 trunking system.

I used to have this frequency programmed when it was once listed on the Texas DPS page, but not now. In fact, I don't have it in my "West Texas" V folder. I will be adding it. Do you know the tone associated with this frequency?

When I had this nationwide LE frequency programmed, it triggered here in Waco, but I did not hit the "store" button fast enough. But, I will be adding this to my mix.

Thanks for the suggestion.

156.7 At this time it is still analog. All other DPS channels are digital.. Guess DPS talks with other depts. because other depts. are still analog.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Added

156.7 At this time it is still analog. All other DPS channels are digital.. Guess DPS talks with other depts. because other depts. are still analog.

Thank you. I added this frequency & tone.

You know, you might have stumbled onto something. When I looked at the "Common Shared" frequencies in Texas, that is the tone associated with TXCALL1D & TXCALL2D, both analog. Of course, 155.37 (intercity) & 154.95 (C/C) were once widespread. I believe they also had once listed as TXLAW frequencies. So, I am going to add this to my V folders with that tone and see what happens.

twobytwo

I haven't heard anything on 155.37/154.95 in a year or so. I don't even know what the latest designator is-I cant keep up.. 155,37 used to be good to listen to for severe weather. DPS used to broadcast weather statement when there was inclement weather in the area. I don't think DPS even has 155.37 anymore. They moved their offices and streamlined some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.