DPS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecaptdave

Watch Duty Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Is there a page showing DPS freqs? Specifically, I'm interested in hearing things around the Prescott area. Also, how are their areas (divisions, beats, whatever they're called) numbered and what areas do they cover?

Thanks.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
DPS Frequencies are here:

Prescott area is District 12 460.425. Prescott area troopers will have 12xx callsigns.

The map below shows DSP district boundaries.

I have not found a map that breaks down a district to divisions/beats. If anyone has info on district divisions or beats, please reply.

firecaptdave

Watch Duty Reporter
Premium Subscriber
DPS Frequencies are here:

Prescott area is District 12 460.425. Prescott area troopers will have 12xx callsigns.

The map below shows DSP district boundaries.

I have not found a map that breaks down a district to divisions/beats. If anyone has info on district divisions or beats, please reply.

Perfect, thanks!

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
While DPS has sectors within a District, they were used only for reporting purposes, due to the lack of officers/troopers to deal with calls for service. This was from the 1980s until the early 2000s. With the ever increasing shortage of troopers over the years, I doubt it has changed.

It was based on geographic locations and/or mile posts.

Foresigt

I find it amazing that these type of questions get asked on these forums. It goes back to what I said a few years ago, everyone wants info handed to them instead of going 2 pages back and looking it up and maybe learning something.

This hobby is not what it used to be :(

I find it amazing that these type of questions get asked on these forums. It goes back to what I said a few years ago, everyone wants info handed to them instead of going 2 pages back and looking it up and maybe learning something.

You want some cheese with that wine?

Paysonscanner

Given he is a new member we need to cut him some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.