DPS Region-I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Has anyone else noticed DPS Sulphur Springs repeater is now part of DPS Texarkana and DPS Sherman repeater part of DPS Mineral Wells?

This all started Sunday night.

Any Clues?

nd5y

Was Sherman one of the communications centers that was supposed to close?
Maybe they made major changes on March 1.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
DPS Texas

Gents

Thought I saw a news clip or maybe a RR thread that noted several DPS Comm Offices were "consolidating" this year...Not sure when, but the news was in the last 90 days as I recall...

Here in Ft. Worth we get some MWells Traffic, but loads more traffic on the old VHF DFW TollWay DPS Channels than anything else...

Just wondering what you guys are hearing, in general in terms of amount of traffic?

Bill

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Garland (Dallas) is controlling the Sherman and Denton sites during off hours. They started doing that last year. They are doing the same thing full time for Sulphur Springs, Paris, and Greenville.

I heard Mineral Wells coming in Sunday as well on the Sherman frequency but figured it was something caused by the weird weather conditions.

Stephen

The Sherman office was on the list of closure, though I am not sure when that was suppose to go into full affect. There were several offices throughout the state that were slated for closure. One of the reasons behind this was that once the agency began a greater use of their MDC's, radio traffic dropped significantly. It was also a way to conserve money.

Status
Not open for further replies.