DPS Rpt 159.0975

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering why this repeater is listed as New Braunfals when it shows on the FCC map it is located in Northen Bexar County off of 281 and Marshall Road area. Also why do you hear the troopers sometimes on this channel but then other times you only hear the dispatcher such as on there 155.445 simplex channel?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
It is labeled "New Braunfels" because that is what the dispatchers and troopers colloquially call the repeater itself.

Take a look at the DPS Wiki for an explanation of why you only hear the dispatcher sometimes. Basically, a dispatcher will broadcast on all the repeaters/bases she is monitoring (sometime 3+). A trooper will only come across the repeater they are nearest, but dispatch simultaneously broadcasts on all the repeaters s/he is monitoring.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I noticed that awhile back also, and as I'm sure is the case with many of their repeaters, they only give one callsign for that entire dispatch center. Even though the linked repeaters around here fall under different licenses, you'll only hear San Antonio identify as KKI413 and similarly Austin as KKD303.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I was wondering if since a lot of the repeaters are linked now you could hear more of the troopers now but it still seems like it is set up like the old analog days.

I have also heard the San Antonio dispatcher on 154.9425 NAC 162 but that freq is not in the database, it seems it is linked to the 159.0975 repeater

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
NC5267, you can change your User CP to show repeater inputs, and it would appear there.

Status
Not open for further replies.