Drake University (Security and other svcs?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm1072

I know just a few years ago Drake University in Des Moines used the RACOM EDACS system for security, physical plant, etc. I saw in the database that their talkgroup is no longer used. Does anyone know what they are doing for radios now? Where did they go? They used to have a sole UHF repeater that security used before going RACOM.

So, anyone know about Drake?

Thanks.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Security has one UHF repeater and a couple of other UHF simplex channels for security. The RACOM radios were gotten rid of about 5 years ago. They then went to NEXTEL but didn't like the coverage, service outages, and durability of radios so then went back to UHF.

Everyone else except security is still on NEXTEL.

Security Repeater - Ch 1 - 461.6375
Security ch 2 - 461.6375 simplex
Security ch 3 - 451.7125 simplex
Security ch 4 - 452.5125 simplex

pm1072

Security has one UHF repeater and a couple of other UHF simplex channels for security. The RACOM radios were gotten rid of about 5 years ago. They then went to NEXTEL but didn't like the coverage, service outages, and durability of radios so then went back to UHF.

Everyone else except security is still on NEXTEL.

Security Repeater - Ch 1 - 461.6375
Security ch 2 - 461.6375 simplex
Security ch 3 - 451.7125 simplex
Security ch 4 - 452.5125 simplex

Cost savings their idea for getting off of RACOM, Coverage, or ?? I know they had talkgroups for a lot of departments at one time on RACOM. I kinda figured they went Nextel. Well, guess I was partially right. Thanks for the freq list.

Status
Not open for further replies.