Dreamville Music Festival Raleigh, STA for DMR freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
New STA license grant today for WRCZ929 - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS SALES & RENTALS, for Dreamville Music Festival to be held April 6th in Raleigh NC on the new Dorothea Dix Park. This festival was originally scheduled for last September, but postponed due to a hurricane. They will utilize approximately 300 radios for security, communications, and first aid response. All freqs are DMR.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WRCZ929 - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS SALES & RENTALS

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
ABC11 reporting construction has begun on the Dorothea Dix park site for the Dreamville Festival. Might be a good time to start listening for traffic/slots/color codes/talkgroups on the dmr radios they've rented.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Radios heard so far are using Slot 1 Color Code 13, talkgroups 27, 40, and 41, though I'm sure there will be more.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Raleigh Police on Wake Event 3 (Wake Trunked System TG 33632), already in place at venue. All radios are simplex using Slot 1 Color Code 13. TGID's heard so far are 18, 19, 22, 27 (Site Ops), 28, 30 (traffic/access control), 31, 33, 40 (offsite ops), 41 (Setup crews), 42, 50 (possibly ticketing/box office), 255. Festival Box Office/Venue opens at noon Saturday April 6 until 10:30pm, and is sold out with 40,000 people expected.

I have not heard anything on the 451.xxxx frequencies only on 456.xxxx frequencies, and most of the time I'm only hearing one side of the conversation, any ideas why that is?

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
456.xxx should be simplex/repeater inputs so that might explain the one-sided conversations.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
456.xxx should be simplex/repeater inputs so that might explain the one-sided conversations.
No, it had to do with being too far away from the venue. When I got closer the traffic could be heard on both. Mototurbo system.

But, thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.