Dredges in Brewerton Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb3v

Premium Subscriber
G.L. Dredge 54 and 55 are working in the Brewerton Channel, in the angle that connects to the Fort McHenry Channel near the Key Bridge in Baltimore, MD. You can hear them and their tugs on 1, 5, 11, 13, and 14. Last week they were in the angle at the Craig Hill channel so they are moving closer to Baltimore. Also today I noticed on my AIS site:
http://www.chesbayshipping.com a ship named L3 Clipper that was showing over 47 knots in the Brewerton Channel. It dodged the dredges around the green and went under the Key bridge and turned into the Curtis Bay channel where I lost him.

archduke

Premium Subscriber
The L3 clipper has been showing up a lot on my dispatch office's AIS too. It seemed to originate its trips from MWR marina at Carrs Creek off the Severn. I finally eyeballed the boat a few days ago. It turns out to be one of the new 27' aluminum pocket size buoy tenders that the CG has begun to take delivery on. The small size and nice aluminum cabin top with ladders and rails makes it perfect to maintain the lighted pole markers on the inland waters. Its a fast boat too, my AIS had it going close to 35k one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.