Drive through frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMA

Does anyone know any frequencies in Middlesex county for fast food drive throughs? I read somewhere a lot of these fast food chains are using very low power digital-type radio headsets. Any ideas?

Thanks.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
What is freaky to see when you go to a Wendy's and not see any headsets. They have a program in several of their restaurants, including several in Massachusetts, where the speaker is connected via VOIP to a call center out of state. (In the case of Wendy's it's somewhere in the middle atlantic). The call center then automatically enters the order data to a terminal in the restaurant. In those chains, there is even a CCTV camera shooting video of the driver via IP to the call center.

JMA

Voip

You're right about that. Come to think of it, I think I remember reading somewhere about Wendy's drive-through VOIP system. Ahh, it looks like the golden years of scanning (where everything was pretty much out there for the hearing), is over huh?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
God that is a bit much... I gotta check my local one to see if they do something like that.. and its a perfect excuse to eat bad. :)

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
God that is a bit much... I gotta check my local one to see if they do something like that.. and its a perfect excuse to eat bad. :)

LMAO!! Can I join you in your research?

You can also check FCC licenses, thats where I used to get mine. CityFreq used to have them listed, but I haven't checked in years.

Back in the day, when I lived in an Apt surrounded by fast food places, it was great to listen to the headset freqs. "Open Mic's" were common, and utterly hilarious! (And a great source of which restaurants not to eat at)

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
For a freaking burger! That's technology overkill.

It's really simple. It's win-win for a chain like Wendy's. You look at one restaurant. Look at 1000 restaurants. The VOIP system improves accuracy and "system efficencies". If you reduce the "order error" rate by 5-10%, think of the cost savings by not wasting product?

The studies i've seen is the remote VOIP system for Wendy's has a measureable increase in accuracy over the window takers.

And, the remote control video over IP cameras watching the kitchen staffs, reduce the "health problems" that intentionally occur in the kitchens. Rhode Island publishes all their health inspection reports online, and it's amazing how many "locally" owned places do worse than the chains, like McDonalds, KFC, and Wendy's, due to the self auditing and monitoring.

-- Mike

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
It's really simple. It's win-win for a chain like Wendy's. You look at one restaurant. Look at 1000 restaurants. The VOIP system improves accuracy and "system efficencies". If you reduce the "order error" rate by 5-10%, think of the cost savings by not wasting product?

The studies i've seen is the remote VOIP system for Wendy's has a measureable increase in accuracy over the window takers.

And, the remote control video over IP cameras watching the kitchen staffs, reduce the "health problems" that intentionally occur in the kitchens. Rhode Island publishes all their health inspection reports online, and it's amazing how many "locally" owned places do worse than the chains, like McDonalds, KFC, and Wendy's, due to the self auditing and monitoring.

-- Mike

Sounds very efficient.
In the 'just in time' inventory world, they probably cut costs quite a bit, too.
Monitoring sales and testing new products in real time by markets or locations seems the way of the future.

ipfd320

Banned
up here i came across taco bell using duplex in the 451.xxx freq...dont remember the exact freq used...i was actually across the street and did a scan search from 400 and it locked onto the order board side but heard nothing on the store side so i did a search up and down till i found both operating freqs...took about 10 min to find...keep in mind keep the PL/DCS off

JMA

Drive through freq

IPFD320

Thanks for the info. Nice find. Did you use a scanner or do you have one of those frequency sweepers/detectors?

If money were no object, I'd love to get me one of those Opto Xplorer units, but at $ six ninety nine a pop, well, let's just say it won't be happening any time soon.

73s

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Years ago, the McDonalds in North Central CT (& the Springfield, MA area) were using 154.600 PL 107.2 as the "headset to speaker" frequency, and the speaker to headset frequency was low-band 30 mhz.

joehawth

KB1RRG
while we're on the subject, does anyone know if McDonald's is changing radio systems? I used to monitor the naugatuck cross st mcdonalds, but recently the old freq had nothing on it, and a scan of the entire spectrum found nothing. are they going digital?
A mcdonalds on dixwell ave in hamden is actively using the freq i had programmed for naugatuck...

jsjazz

Why?

Don't mean to throw any flames, but why would anyone want to monitor fast food drive through windows? Am I missing something here?

frazpo

Don't mean to throw any flames, but why would anyone want to monitor fast food drive through windows? Am I missing something here?

Ha. For me its the hunt I guess. I don't do it hardcore but its something to do to break the boredom.

joehawth

KB1RRG
Its an acquired taste i guess. I do it while im there eating but thats it. Its interesting what they'll say anout you over an open mic after you pull away

Status
Not open for further replies.