PSR500/PSR600: driver

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
I have a grecom psr 600 and i am trying to update the firmware. I have the firmware downloaded but I can't transfer. can anyone tell me the right driver I can use for the transfer cable

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
Do you know which cable I should have? The one that I have said that it won't transfer firmware

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you speaking of the CPU or DSP firmware? I have updaters for U2.1 CPU firmware and U1.4 DSP firmware. If the cable works for transferring program files, it should also work for updating firmware. If you have a mono adapter on the end of the cable, remove it. The PSR-600 requires a TRS stereo plug. Make sure you are plugging into the PC/IF jack, and not the headphone jack.

Last edited:

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
Here is what is going on. I try to program trunking channels to the 600 but it won"t work it takes conventional channels fine so i looked at the firmware and it is uP appl f1.1 DSP app, 1,1 DSP voc 1.0 my other 600 firmware is a lot newer so am I thinking the right way????? Please Help

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here are the firmware updaters. The first file is for the CPU firmware. Use the updater for the boot version of your scanner. The second file is the DSP updater. After you extract the files, you will see there are PDF instruction files for updating the CPU and DSP firmware.

Attachments

• GRE_PSR-500600_CPU_FWv2.1 (1).zip
    748.7 KB · Views: 28
  • GRE_PSR-500600_DSP_verU1.4.zip
    188.1 KB · Views: 12

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
Tried to upload it but it keeps saying no data from the scanner any ideas??

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you put the scanner in firmware upgrade mode for the CPU upgrade? You hold PROG while turning on the scanner. To put the scanner in DSP upgrade mode, you turn on the scanner and press 0 and then PROG at the welcome screen.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There are 2 different CPU updater files. The one you use depends upon the boot version of your scanner, which you will see when you place scanner into firmware upgrade mode.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you know which cable I should have? The one that I have said that it won't transfer firmware
Does your cable actually say that? What does the scanner display say when you try to update the firmware? Does your cable have a mono or stereo plug? Is there a mono adapter on the end?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Let's start over from the beginning. Are the trunked systems not loading into the scanner or just won't scan? What does the scanner display show when trying to scan the trunked systems? You may have programming errors for the trunked systems. Please attach your programming file and I will take a look at it. You will need to zip the file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file. I have ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit500 software. Plug the cable into your computer. Go to the Device Manager and Ports. Expand Ports. Does it show USB Serial Port (COMx) where x is the port number? If I find programming errors and your scanner receives the trunked systems after uploading again, we will know the cable is working. What is your city, county, and state and which trunked systems do you want to monitor?

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
The trunked systems will load and show up on the screen of the scanner but will not scan the T is suppose to flash and it is not

tvengr

Well Known Member
I can't help if I don't know what you are trying to scan and your city, county, and state. If I can take a look at your programming file, I can check it for errors. It is possible your scanner is not capable of scanning the systems you want. It is impossible to help without knowing all of that information.

ofd354

Premium Subscriber
ok I'm trying to scan LaCrosse wisconsin it is a p25 system phase 1 I have a different grecom psr-600 that scans no problem I have no programming file on it because I am building one . The conventional frequencies load no problem and scan the trunking channels load and scan but they are not receiving. The T shows on my other scanner that it scans and works, the T on this one is not flashing that is why i thought there might need to be a firmware update

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can clone your PSR-600 that works to the one that doesn't. That will give you the same exact programming in both scanners. All you need is a short jumper cable with 1/8" stereo male plugs on both ends. It plugs into the PC/IF jacks on both scanners. On the scanner that works, press PROG and then GLOB (F3). Scroll down to Clone Send and press SEL. If you have programming software and a file for the scanner that works, you can send the same file to the other scanner. Do you have programming software?

Last edited: