DRM question for New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGNM

Is there much DRM available to listen to in NM? I'm considering an upgrade to my PRO-668 that effectivly makes it a Whistler 1080. I was wondering if there is any interesting DRM in New Mexico to listen too. I looked up Albuquerque and it looks like some schools and private security are the only listings. Is there anything else you guys came across?

Chris0516

Is there much DRM available to listen to in NM? I'm considering an upgrade to my PRO-668 that effectivly makes it a Whistler 1080. I was wondering if there is any interesting DRM in New Mexico to listen too. I looked up Albuquerque and it looks like some schools and private security are the only listings. Is there anything else you guys came across?
Here is a Google search I did: dmr scanner frequencies in new mexico - Google Search

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm considering an upgrade to my PRO-668 that effectivly makes it a Whistler 1080.

While the addition of DMR is a reason to do the upgrade, you will find the majority that do get the upgrade from Whistler also find better reception, the ability to upgrade firmware, the weekly database updates, and sometimes better battery life. I was surprised how much better my PRO668 worked after I got the upgrade.

TRGNM

While the addition of DMR is a reason to do the upgrade, you will find the majority that do get the upgrade from Whistler also find better reception, the ability to upgrade firmware, the weekly database updates, and sometimes better battery life. I was surprised how much better my PRO668 worked after I got the upgrade.
That helps. I think I'll go for it. I was just wondering if anyone had real life experiences with DMR in my area. That would be the icing on the cake. Incidentally, the Whistler upgrade @ $59.99 costs more than the scanner when I bought it at clearance for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.