Droid-star for dmr

KK4ELO

Has anyone else tried this app? It's available in Google play store for Android. Not sure about iPhone. It seems like a pretty cool app. You can enter the talkgroup you want and press the on screen ptt and away you go. Seems like a good way to get in when you don't have a radio handy. Also does fusion, dstar, p25 and nxdn.

kb9mwr

The Apple App Store has a fee of $99/year. Google Play has a one-time fee of $25. That should clear up why the IPhone isn't really friendly for independent free software/app developers.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Note9, Android 10 here.
Yeah, I guess that's it. I have no idea where to get the host number. I do have my callsign and DMR ID.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I'm onto something now...
When I opened up the app again to try your settings, this time, when I clicked on the Host tab, a slew of info appeared.

About 3147, does that number have a relationship in regards to the Host value?

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I'm onto something now...
When I opened up the app again to try your settings, this time, when I clicked on the Host tab, a slew of info appeared.

About 3147, does that number have a relationship in regards to the Host value?
Never mind...TGID
How about the module? How does that work?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Wondering about the module myself. Noticed when I selected dmr I had to restart the app to get the host list to refresh. But seems to receive fine. Haven't tried talking yet.

KK4ELO

Wondering about the module myself. Noticed when I selected dmr I had to restart the app to get the host list to refresh. But seems to receive fine. Haven't tried talking yet.
I haven't actually played with it much txing. I know it does work. I used it yesterday and monitored with my radio. Has a slight delay, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 second, but it had good audio.

W5NIO

Has anyone else tried this app? It's available in Google play store for Android. Not sure about iPhone. It seems like a pretty cool app. You can enter the talkgroup you want and press the on screen ptt and away you go. Seems like a good way to get in when you don't have a radio handy. Also does fusion, dstar, p25 and nxdn.

If the developer has plans to bring it to iPhone, I would definitely donate some cash to help keep it up. This software has lots of potential I feel.

K6EEN

Has anyone else tried this app?
Yeah, on a Samsung S20 running latest Android, and an old Galaxy Tab S2. I've used it to monitor various Brandmeister and TGIF talk groups, and a few FCS and YSF talk groups. Had a QSO on the Brandmeister "Parrot" talk group 9990 by accident because it is not exactly clear how to do a "private" call with the app, a couple TGIF talk groups, and "DXing" with a Japanese ham on the FCS server 002 group 90 which is a reflector for the "America Link" Wires-X room. Haven't tried talking on any D-STAR or YSF talk groups. Neat thing about doing this on your phone is you can use the phone's built-in Bluetooth to cast the audio to a Bluetooth speaker so you can listen to a 'net through the stereo system.

K6EEN

How about the module? How does that work?
In the current user interface, if you select a D-STAR reflector connection, the user interface allows you to select a "module" from the drop-down menu, modules A thru Z, i.e. the "room" on the D-STAR reflector to which you want to connect. If you select a DMR, P25, NXDN, etc. reflector connection, the "module" selection menu disappears and a box to enter a numeric talk group ID appears.

KK4ELO

Well, I've been having trouble with it since it updated but have figured it out. You now have to configure it like a hotspot on the BM dashboard. Also noticed with the update I'd the ability to monitor with the app closed. Sadly no widgets for TX. Have to open the app to TX.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
In the US, 3101, 3102, and 3103 are the USA servers, and you must use a password registered to a BrandMeister account.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
I have the Droid Star loaded onto my Android phone and have a login and password set up with Brandmeister. I log in and cannot get any of the USA Brandmeister servers to log in. Currently I have to use the Canada server without logging in to get it to work. Has anyone else had issues or know of a solution.
Thanks

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
I have the Droid Star loaded onto my Android phone and have a login and password set up with Brandmeister. I log in and cannot get any of the USA Brandmeister servers to log in. Currently I have to use the Canada server without logging in to get it to work. Has anyone else had issues or know of a solution.
Thanks
Are you putting in your hotspot ID?

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
Yes I have my ID entered and the password but it does not connect with any of the three Brandmeister USA servers.