Droid-Star Noobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA4NUF

Hi all, just starting out on Droid-Star for Android. I have my DMR ID registered with Radio ID and I know It's posted on the data base dump.
I have no hotspots or such.
I have entered my call and ID on main screen and DMR talk group, this is as far as I can get.
If have checked the forums here looking for ideas.
Any ideas are appreciated.
73. Gene WA4NUF

WA4NUF

Forgot to attach screenshot.
Sorry.
Gene. WA4NUF

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-121307.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-121307.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 29

KK4ELO

Did you have your ID when you set they app up? I know it asked me for it when I first set it up, but that was several versions ago. Also, did you set it up on the brandmeister dashboard? It will be a hotspot on the dashboard.

n2mci

On brandmiester now, you have to create a pw for your id log in. You'll need to go the BM main page, create a login for BM .
Then log log on to BM, go to Self-care to create your is logon pw for your id. This is something that started a few months ago.

73, Pete N2MCI

KK4ELO

Right. But you also have to set droid-star up as a hotspot too. I noticed mine stopped working until I did that. You have to add your static talkgroups you want to use just like you would a hotspot. Took me some figuring until a local operator told me about it. Hope this helps.

WA4NUF

Thanks for the replies.Not much info.out there. I've looked at several videos and made it look simple - not so.
I understand I'm not in the system, even if I'm listed in DMR ID'S.
Gene.

WA4NUF

Sorry, fat fingers. I got set up in BM and BM self care and added pw to hotspots.
Now, I wait to make sure I'm in the DMR ID database.
Something about the hotspots in Droid-Star itself ?
Gene.

KK4ELO

Now in your BM dashboard under hotspot if it shows a red power symbol beside your ID, click it. Should turn into a green plug. Then go to Droidstar and enter your call, ID, password, and I set the essid to 01 on mine. As long as you have your static TGs set in the BM dashboard, just pick your server, enter your TG and should be all set.

WA4NUF

Got it all OK yesterday. Took 4 days to get verified with Radio ID and BM. I'm up and running. NOW I'm looking for good DMR TG's.
Thanks all.
73 Gene. WA4NUF.

WA4NUF

Got it. Been looking at some of the BM listings. Been listening on UK TG's in the morning.
This es 73.
WA4NUF.

Status
Not open for further replies.