Dropping the uniden, Anyone "dropped" there's yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garikfox

Today I dropped My only baby ! (i have no kid's, lol)..... .. ..

She seem's ok and still crankin..... Tough little guy isnt't he/it/she :)

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Dropped a 246T on carpet twice, knob later split in half :roll:

Drop my old motorola saber every month for a few years and not a scratch :D

LordJ

Fired my 396 across the floor at a Dept store.. TWICE in 2 minutes. Dropped it from my 'missed' holstering the first time, and not sure how I managed it but literally fired it about 6 feet away, hit the floor and came smalling against the kickplate of a display shelf...I was scared to even go pick it up, but everything was OK. I have it in the Leather Case from Scannermaster...

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Last night I dropped my buddies 996 from about 5 feet onto a concrete floor. Did not even scratch it somehow. Those things really are tanks.

novemberalpha

I dropped the396 in my driveway, no damage, then dropped it twice on the linoleum kitchen floor and created a gaping 1 1/2 inch hole along the bottom in the front and exposed the circuit board. then someone stole it a month later. still worked, too, i was gonna epoxy it

n4yek

Have dropped my 396 twice, both times I just picked it up and dusted it off. Still works great.
(It does make your heart skip a beat when it happens though... :))

k2ns

Dropped My Scanner

I dropped my 396 the other day in my shop, but luckily it hit my foot before it hit the cement floor.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I have only dropped my old BC246T and it didn't miss a beat, all my radios since have a case and i use the wrist strap constantly...

Statevillian

My original 396 got run over by a car! I dropped it out of my coat pocket running across a street to work. Antenna/adapter bent, cracked display screen and broken in back by the belt clip. Power on wouldn't work. $500 shot in the @#*!!!!! My 2nd 396 I have accidentally dropped at home...linoleum. Battery compartment popped off but no marks, no damage, no effect on memory or scanning. Now my grip is firm and I am very careful where I set it down. It is a tough unit. No doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.