DRPA/Pennsauken

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoney

Does anyone know if i was to get a decoder, would i be able to pick up pennsauken and DRPA? Any info much appreciated

Spirited

Pennsauken

I bought an expensive Radio Shack digital scanner for my mother's birthday. She is sick and has a lot of down time and I thought it would be fun for her to pick up the police calls in her neighborhood Pennsauken. The problem as your email states it is encrypted. Their must be a way to decode. Legally I thought all calls with the right information and proper scanner could be heard. I am confused on why one town is able to have encrypted information. Please someone explain, I am new with this and I just want to give my Mother a neat present for her birthday soon.

Highpockets

I bought an expensive Radio Shack digital scanner for my mother's birthday. She is sick and has a lot of down time and I thought it would be fun for her to pick up the police calls in her neighborhood Pennsauken. The problem as your email states it is encrypted. Their must be a way to decode. Legally I thought all calls with the right information and proper scanner could be heard. I am confused on why one town is able to have encrypted information. Please someone explain, I am new with this and I just want to give my Mother a neat present for her birthday soon.

When a town or PD, sheriff, etc. buy the radios (system) they pay extra to have the ability to have encryption, some do, some don't. It is illegal to decode encryption. It's just one of those things you have to live with in this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.