Drug Seized Vehicle am I being tracked? by the cartel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
If anything, I'd be more concerned about the former owner showing up in the middle of the night with a spare key to take it back. I'd change out the ignition, alarm and door locks if I were you, just to make sure that can't happen. A new paint job might help too so that the former owner doesn't recognize his Jeep if he happens to see you in it. That could be bad news as well. Some of those guys tend to hold a grudge. ;)

Oh and also, remove that remote start system if that's what it is. If you don't have the keyfob that goes with it, chances are the former owner still has one laying around somewhere.

-AZ

cmdrwill

" Band: wideband receive
Receive Frequency: 30MHz - 1200 MHz
Receive Gain: 3dB"

They must be kidding. NOT a scanner antenna unless just for 800 mHz.

ChetsJug

This mystery is getting more exciting than "Dark Shadows".

Oh, am I dating myself?

13CA350

Premium Subscriber
Does it do the same thing when your Jeep is turned off? Most GPS trackers work whether the vehicle is on or not, and some even have seperate hidden power supplies.

But GPS trackers installed by police and finance companies are usually VERY well hidden and are the kind placed directly onto the frame or other magnetic parts underneath the vehicle. They probably wouldn't remove the headliner to install something directly above the mirror- something you look at hundreds of times while driving.

But as far as the taking pictures thing assuming you're in the US there isn't really anything you can do, unless they are trespassing or using zoom lenses to take pictures inside your home. Public property (i.e. streets) are fair game- and they can take all the photos and video's they'd like.

But I'm not a LEO or lawyer so I cannot confirm or garuntee anything I just said about taking pictures

SCPD

QRT
Others have already posted the same answer.
I bought my Jeep brand new, and it has the same exact antenna factory installed apparently.
So I don't think you're being tracked by a cartel.
But I wouldn't put it past our illustrious government to figure out a way to track you with it.

You know, the last sentence was a joke at first, but then I got thinking, what would stop them from knowing your remote keycode, and then reading this with an EZ-Pass type device as you go to and fro. Not quite as far fetched as it seems if you really think about it.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I had a Viper remote starter on my 2000 Sierra and 2003 Ram, and they had what appears to be an identical antenna in front of the mirror. You could literally start them from a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.